The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-24-2012, 05:12 PM

Default Enriquez model 50

Hi:
Am still beginning classical player and have opportunity to purchase a used Enriquez model 50, solid cedar wood and solid rosewood back and sides from a dealer. They'll be taking a seldom used taylor 355ce of mine in trade. It's a good deal financially and I like the sound of the Enriquez. Just wondering if anyone had any further info on this brand beside that which appears on the MusicMax site. Just want to know about their reputation. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:00 PM

Well, I went ahead and purchase the Enriquez 50 and for the information of others in search of info on this brand, I can tell you that it is one terrific classical guitar. That's not only my opinion, but that of my instructor, an performance artist, instructor of classical guitar at a local college, and the author of a well known instructional text on the classical guitar method. He played several pieces on the Enriquez this morning and they were just incredibly beautiful. He remarked particularly on the clarity and purity of its tone at the the high ends of the fretboard. And I was totally awestruck by its sound. Maybe the next time that I take a lesson I'll record it as he plays and post a sound clip here. Hope this helps those who want more info on this obscure brand.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:06 PM

Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase. It sounds like a good deal on a solid instrument. Its even more rewarding when other people acknowledge your decisions. I know its daunting to purchase a nice instrument to learn, practice and play on it. I myself purchased a nice Francisco Navarro Concert model and have been very happy with it. I too am a beginner. I think that learning on a nicer instrument is a little easier than learning on a poorer built instrument. They're easier to play and sing better harmonically.

Good luck with your studies and congratulations.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:53 AM

Thanks for the encouragement--much appreciated!
Old 01-12-2017, 03:25 PM

Default Enriquez 50

Hello,

How is the guitar working for you.
can you post a music from this guitar?

I have the same. the back color have faded little. not sure if it was humidity or sweat. I bught it this way. but happy with the purchase.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical