The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-05-2016, 09:35 AM

Default New Emerald Guitars ambassador to take X20 on US Tour

Hello Everyone,

We are delighted announce that we have teamed up with Darren Holden of the world famous Irish folk group, The High Kings.

As our newest Emerald Guitars ambassador, Darren will be taking an X20 Artisan with him on the group's upcoming extensive US Tour. This Friday, July 8, the High Kings will be at the Colorado Irish Festival in Littleton, CO followed by a show at the IAHC Irish Fest in Chicago, Illinois on Sunday, July 10. Darren will then have the X20 with him when the band returns for the full stint of the tour Stateside on July 27 at Boothbay Opera House in Boothbay Harbor, ME.

We met up with Darren last Friday to present him with the X20 Artisan and he gave us his 'First Impressions' of the X20 and performed the song Hand Me Down My Bible from the band's latest album, Grace & Glory - Check out the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT4mXXrRoiM

For a full list of dates where Darren will be performing with The High Kings and his X20 on their US tour go to http://www.thehighkings.com/tour-dates/

We will also be keeping everyone posted on how Darren is getting on through our usual social media sites. If you do get to go to one of The High Kings shows, make sure to say 'Hi' to Darren!

Best Wishes,

Sean

Darren Holden X20 Artisan by Alistair Hay, on Flickr

Last edited by Emerald Guitars; 07-06-2016 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

Nice review. I checked their tour dates - nothing that coincides with our travels. I'll look forward to his updates.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Charter Member

Good stuff! The more exposure Emerald has, the better.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:43 AM

Hi guys,

That's a shame Jim, but we are delighted you enjoyed the video. We hope that you might get to see the guys on tour Studioman!

Best Wishes,

Sean
Old 07-06-2016, 09:00 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Too bad, only one Canadian stop in beautiful Newfoundland..."The Rock"...about 1,000 miles/1,600 kms. east of me. The band's style of play will certainly go over well there. Newfie's are very friendly with a lot in common with the Irish, so the boys should have a good time. I hope the X20 gets lots of attention throughout the tour.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Too bad, only one Canadian stop in beautiful Newfoundland..."The Rock"...about 1,000 miles/1,600 kms. east of me. The band's style of play will certainly go over well there. Newfie's are very friendly with a lot in common with the Irish, so the boys should have a good time. I hope the X20 gets lots of attention throughout the tour.
Hi Tom,

It's a shame that the guys aren't close to you on this occasion, but all going well they will be soon. The demand for The High Kings in Canada and the US is always increasing, so hopefully they will be near you sooner rather than later.

We are very excited to be working with Darren and The High Kings and we're excited to hear all his stories from the tour with his X20 Artisan.

Thank you so much for checking out the video and, as always, for your feedback.

Best Wishes from all the team!

Sean
Old 07-08-2016, 03:54 PM

Is this the largest six string body for Emerald. If not, what is please.
And so so happy to see Emerald hitting the US highways. The Emerald is still a bit foreign to us here and you guys make shockingly awesome good guitars over there in Ireland.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 07-13-2016, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroad View Post
Is this the largest six string body for Emerald. If not, what is please.
And so so happy to see Emerald hitting the US highways. The Emerald is still a bit foreign to us here and you guys make shockingly awesome good guitars over there in Ireland.
Hi hotroad,

The guitar featured in the video is an X20 Artisan which is, indeed currently the largest guitar we have.

We are very excited that one of our guitars is going on tour with such a high-profile group. The High Kings are very popular Stateside and will be playing some very large events. Who knows, maybe you'll get to see them! ;-)

Thanks for your interest and kind feedback, hotroad.

Best wishes from all the team.

Sean
Old 07-13-2016, 07:38 AM

If Emerald also made effects pedals I think one of the most effective knobs on their devices would be "presence"

Plus they would likely look really cool
Old 07-14-2016, 06:28 PM

Can the X20 be had in Short Scale???
Old 07-18-2016, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
Hi Jerry,

We regularly do custom modifications, you are more than welcome to email us directly on [email protected] and we can have a chat about a possible custom build. We'll look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes,

Sean
Old 07-18-2016, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
Jerry,

I have a custom X20, with 24.75 inch scale. It is fantastic!

Jim

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber