The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-07-2017, 06:55 PM

Default Kustom KPC4P Powered Monitor Speaker

Do any of you own or have used this powered monitor speaker. They are going for $89.00 new on eBay. I use an unpowered Allen & Heath mixer with my Bose tower and would like a monitor. Please let me know. Thank you.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:16 PM

A former band mate of mine has one of these. With the mic stand adapter, it is a great little hotspot monitor. It does not have enough oomph to be a little pa, but for monitoring in a jam space, or for a solo artist gigging, it would be a fine monitor. For what it's worth, the Kustom PA 50 has a lot better frequency response and sound output for $10 more, but needs to be mounted (can't be mounted on a mic stand as far as I can tell) on a speaker stand.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:18 PM

I own 2, Mking. They work well as a near field monitor on a microphone stand and I agree with Yamaha Guy, the PA50. A friend of mine made end caps out of plywood for two of his PA50's that allow them to be used as floor monitors at two different angles.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricdoug View Post
I own 2, Mking. They work well as a near field monitor on a microphone stand and I agree with Yamaha Guy, the PA50. A friend of mine made end caps out of plywood for two of his PA50's that allow them to be used as floor monitors at two different angles.
Very nice. Thank you both.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification