The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-14-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
thanks for the translation
No problem.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteshadow View Post
Great idea, I'd buy one. I'm sure a lot of other players would too if the association of metal and Ibanez didn't put them off. I think that's what Fender are trying to do partly with the Roadhouse strats as they have bigger neck radius so should have better playability then traditional Strat necks.

I haven't found a guitar I find as easy to play as an Ibanez. The necks are great and they inspire you to learn new stuff.

I don't always like designs of Ibanez guitars. I love the syle of 'my' RG but a lot of the RG guitars have either really vile colour schemes or look like toys. The S Series tend to be a bit more stylish and I might get one due to the thinner body too.
Gibson and Fender try a few little things every now and then. They sell poorly and become cult classics the second they get discontinued.

I've seen a few newer Fenders that I'd like if I didn't order something like it made by a luthier years ago.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
Gibson and Fender try a few little things every now and then. They sell poorly and become cult classics the second they get discontinued.

I've seen a few newer Fenders that I'd like if I didn't order something like it made by a luthier years ago.
Yeah, there was a fender that was more like a rock guitar, with a floating trem and 22 frets, forget what it was called. I only found out about them recently but wish I could have got one. I don't think they do them anymore.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Yeah, there was a fender that was more like a rock guitar, with a floating trem and 22 frets, forget what it was called. I only found out about them recently but wish I could have got one. I don't think they do them anymore.
The name escapes me, but I know what you're talking about. My main "Strat" is an old Kramer Pacer Deluxe. The coil splitter allows me to fake a Fender with very low action, a floating trem, and a meaty hum bucker when I want it.

I'm actually in the process of ordering a 3 noiseless single coil Fender type by GMW, basically duplicating the neck specs of another guitar I own. I just need to finalize specs/make up my mind.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Great idea, I'd buy one. I'm sure a lot of other players would too if the association of metal and Ibanez didn't put them off. I think that's what Fender are trying to do partly with the Roadhouse strats as they have bigger neck radius so should have better playability then traditional Strat necks.
One of my SSOs (strat shaped object) has a 16 inch radius, and my preferred G&L Legacy has a 12 inch radius and a huge neck.

Both of them have the traditional 3 pickup setup and both have super low output pickups. The controls on each of them is different. The Chandler has a two knob volume and tone setup, and the G&L has the standard PBT system.

There are tons of strats I would like to own, and as soon as I can find that compares to my Legacy I got for $700 used, I'll buy it
Old 02-14-2017, 05:03 PM

I feel that moving the volume knob away from the bridge pickup and a master tone are an improvement on the original design. You can also add a push/pull to get 7 way Strat wiring.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:07 PM

the ones i've played, and the one i purchased, was junk to me. maybe i need to spend the money for a vai or a satriani. i liked some of the yamahas better. however, a lot of people like ibanez(with a z) and as usual, everything is subjective.

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics
Old 02-15-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
For a while, every Mitsubishi Eclipse I saw was aggressively cutting me off. I began to think that only aggressive drivers drove the Mitsubishi Eclipse. Then my daughter-in-law, a very nice young lady, got an Eclipse and drove it normally. Hmmm...

Surprise. It turns out the driver is the problem, not the car. I had to learn the same thing about guitar brands and styles.

Bob
That is not true for Jeeps.

But Ibanez makes some great, great guitars.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleolith54 View Post
So a George Benson model or an Artstar are not good for jazz? .
Agreed. They make some great jazz boxes
Old 02-15-2017, 07:54 AM

I've never owned one but I have worked on plenty of them over the years and they seem like good guitars to me. The Law Suit Les Pauls are fantastic and their 80's hair band metal guitars too. Unfortunately they flooded the market with cheap acoustic guitars so that reputation is kind of shot imho.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:37 PM

Default Ibanez AG-75 bs

I bought an Ibanez AG 75 bs about four years ago. I have a gretsch 6120 and an older Gibson es-225t, but the Ibanez is my favorite.
It's a small hollow body guitar. It looks very nice also.

Only change I made was the neck pickup because I tend to use that pickup the most.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotso View Post
Agreed. They make some great jazz boxes
My primary instrument for jazz playing is an Ibanez AFJ81 (single-pickup jazzbox). It's pretty wonderful with the wood bridge - big, warm, woody. Also set it up to allow easy pickup swaps to allow switching between the original ACH humbucker, a Bartolini 1S, and an oooold PAF in about a half hour.

It's a great quality instrument that's perfect for performance bc it sounds and feels wonderful and yet isn't so expensive that it causes worry when it's out being played.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:46 PM

just bought a nylon Ibanez c300, cheap 200/300 classical guitar.

made in China, really entry level. good enough for the price and could match the Yamaha classical guitars for the price range.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2017, 12:50 AM

The Blazer is great for rhythm. That said, my style is very middle of the road, so I haven't really pushed it. It certainly is a warmer sound than equivalent SSS Strats. Compared to the Strats that I have played, I prefer the feel of the Blazer, but, in a lot of cases that, too, can be fixed with a good setup. Friend, who plays lead was in a band a few years back with a bloke who had a Blazer and he has fond memories of that guitar, too. They seem to be a rather quiet achiever as far as guitars go. If you can ever get one, you may not want to let it go.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:57 AM

I'm not a fan of their solid body electrics, but some of their semis are very nice.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars