The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 06-05-2015, 06:29 AM

Default Unusual resonator playing

This fellow is coming to my area tomorrow night. I can't make the show but thought some of you might find one of his guitars rather interesting. His name is Attila Vural.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:03 AM

Never seen anybody do that on a resonator, but that style goes back to Michael Hedges and beyond. That doesn't mean it ain't cool

I am intrigued. I'm wondering if he went reso for busking purposes. It would be a fun show! I have no doubt I would walk out of there with an idea or two
Old 06-06-2015, 08:39 AM

Did not do anything for me - not sure I could listen to a hour or more of that. Absolutely no disrespect intended to the artist and Lord knows I could not begin to do those type of gymnastics with my hands or brain, but after the novelty wore off of watching him move between the two necks for a while, the actual music itself did not move me enough to keep my interest. To each their own.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:45 AM

Bingoccc, thanks very much for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock View Post
Did not do anything for me - not sure I could listen to a hour or more of that.
Judging by other Attila Vural clips on YouTube, I'm not sure you'd have the opportunity. He seems dedicated to offering his audiences a wide variety of techniques and timbres, from several different instruments.

Pictures of musical instruments are like sculptures of food.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:04 PM

But can he play Railroad Bill? Hmmmmm?

Love it when people stretch the boundaries. Respectable. Not for everyone, just like the Boston Symphony and Captain and Tennille.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:53 AM

The other day my dog was sitting in front of my National which was in a stand. She barked and the bark resonated thru the guitar and rang back at her. She jumped a foot or so. Maybe she could be this guys opening act...or he could be hers...

I appreciate diversity, imagination and creative forces...but I am sorry , this is bad...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments