The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 04-28-2015, 05:00 AM

Wade and Double-Neck, thanks for the tips. I've owned both of the Deans and used light guitar strings on them with some success. Just acquired a 1999-ish Deering D-6 because I wanted a longer, better neck, but I only had one set of guitar strings on hand (Martin Marquis light bronze), and the winding part of the D string doesn't reach all the way to the peg. So I ordered some of the GHS PF-120 to try them out.

I fingerpick almost exclusively on these, and I like a strong bass for that, so if I'm not satisfied, I'll try the Deerings, which have a heavier bass (but still light by guitar standards). If those don't satisfy either, I'll try the Elixir. I've used them on my Deans, but wasn't sure the "winding" part would be long enough for my Deluxe, and hardly anyone seems to publish that "spec."

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments