The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 04-11-2017, 08:28 AM

Default Local Guitar Setup New England

I am a new player looking for a good setup for my new Yamaha FS820, I am located in southern NH and was wondering if anybody in the area had any recommendations for where I should go. I found a few places around but thought I would check here for recommendations before picking somewhere at random.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:40 AM

I don't know if he does repairs/setups, but Alan Carruth is close to you.
www.alcarruthluthier.com
et al
Old 04-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Charter Member

I usually do my own work but I assume you've inquired at the Manchester Music Mill? I have no idea how their work is. There're a few more shops around that you can find on the web but I don't know of anyone with outstanding credentials around here. There's another member Philo426 from around here and he might have an idea and chime in if he sees this.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitarre View Post
I usually do my own work but I assume you've inquired at the Manchester Music Mill? I have no idea how their work is. There're a few more shops around that you can find on the web but I don't know of anyone with outstanding credentials around here. There's another member Philo426 from around here and he might have an idea and chime in if he sees this.
Yes, the Music Mill was on my list that I found but wanted to see if anybody had personal experience anywhere before I just went with somewhere I found. I also found http://www.whitsettguitarworks.com/ which I saw a couple decent reviews for online.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair