The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-05-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spe20 View Post
They offered to send me the necessary tool for free. Not that I even plan to adjust the truss rod but hey...
Take them up on the offer. Believe me, even if you're not into messing with your truss rod right now, the day might come where you are comfortable enough to do it.

After going to my luthier, he encouraged me to make adjustments on my own. His rule is 1/8 of a turn at a time, and you aren't going to hurt anything.

Up until a month ago, I never really touched a truss rod on a guitar, other than POS guitars I had laying around. Now I adjust my Martins whenever they need a little tweak.

I also had Martin send me truss rod wrenches. They sent me two, because I bought two Martins in the last few months. Take them up on the offer and just throw it in your toolbox. It's not as scary as it sounds adjusting your neck.

2016 Fender American Standard Strat (Burly Slinky)
2015 Taylor 416e (Elixir PB Lights)
2010 Yamaha FG700S (whatever strings I have lying around)
'88 Yamaha FG405
'91 Washburn D-10N
Fishman Loudbox Mini
2001 Fender Standard Tele (Regular Slinky)
'94 Epiphone SG (Regular Slinky)
'90 Ibanez 540SLTD (Super Slinky)
Ibanez SR500 Bass (Ernie Ball flats)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion