The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 06-29-2015, 02:15 AM

Default Cover of Agnes Obel's Riverside with Guild & Kay

Oh my god! This one was a lot of work, trial and error with recording and filming 2 guitars and 2 voices. But here we proudly present our second video: an acoustic cover of Agnes Obel's Riverside.

The original version of this song was recorded by danish singer/songwriter Agnes Obel and released on her 2010 album Philharmonics. As usual for Obel it is performed with an piano.

Equipment used for this video:
- '11 Guild F47m
- Kay K500 Hummingbird
- 2x Audio Technica AT 4021
- Rode NT1-A
- Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
- Canon 600D with Tamron 17-50 F/2.8
- iMovie
- Logic Pro X

Katie & Lumberjack on facebook: www.facebook.com/katielumberjack/
Old 06-29-2015, 11:47 AM

I think that is a lovely folks song. Well played and sung! Since no one else has chimed in, let me add that your voices blend well together. We'd enjoy having the pair of you at our folk music gatherings.

Last edited by martingitdave; 06-29-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
I think that is a lovely folks song. Well played and sung! Since no one else has chimed in, let me add that your voices blend well together. We'd enjoy having the pair of you at our folk music gatherings.
Thanks alot for this very nice reply!
We also think, our voices go well together. But i think i have to work hard to keep up with her singing skills. Kind of beauty and the beast,

And if we'll make it one day to Illinois we would be more than glad to join your gathering;-)

Old 07-02-2015, 09:49 PM

Very lovely rendition from one of my fav artists Agnes Obel. The voice and guitars recorded really well and tempo was great. Thanks for the courage to post a modern folk treat not often experienced on this site! Hope to hear more of your lovely duet!
Old 07-08-2015, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double G View Post
Very lovely rendition from one of my fav artists Agnes Obel. The voice and guitars recorded really well and tempo was great. Thanks for the courage to post a modern folk treat not often experienced on this site! Hope to hear more of your lovely duet!
Thank you so much! And nice to hear that you like Agnes Obel that much. I guess she is not that well known outside of Europe.
You will hear some more quite soon, as we are preparing to record our first original song the next days.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:07 AM

Very well done...I enjoyed listening! You live in France but your guitar collection is American...there has to be a story behind that! Are you Americans living in France?

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 07-14-2015, 06:09 AM

Thanks Bob for your interest!
Actually we are germans living in Cologne, Germany. But here in the western part of Germany everything is very close. It's an 4,5 hour drive to Paris, 3 hours to Amsterdam and 3 hours to Brussels. So we could reach the capitals of 3 different countries very fast. Going to Berlin is the longest drive and takes 5,5 hours.

There is no special story behind the american guitars. They are just some of the best guitars ever made and when i grew up all my heroes played them.
... and btw Martin Guitars is kind of a german company, right? ;-)

Old 07-14-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogiflip View Post
Thanks Bob for your interest!
Actually we are germans living in Cologne, Germany. But here in the western part of Germany everything is very close. It's an 4,5 hour drive to Paris, 3 hours to Amsterdam and 3 hours to Brussels. So we could reach the capitals of 3 different countries very fast. Going to Berlin is the longest drive and takes 5,5 hours.

There is no special story behind the american guitars. They are just some of the best guitars ever made and when i grew up all my heroes played them.
... and btw Martin Guitars is kind of a german company, right? ;-)

DUH!! I don't know why I wrote "France" when I knew Cologne was in Germany!!! I guess I'll have to blame it on the brain surgery I had!! LOL Still, I didn't think that American guitars would be popular in Europe when there are some very well respected brands there. Thanks for setting me straight!!

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
f47m, guild, kay k500, maple, video