The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-08-2006, 04:23 PM

Default Nice shop in Carrboro NC/ The Music Loft

First, I dont work there and live an hour away from it. I went there to play some Yairis and anything else to help me find my next guitar. I was looking to get a fix for my GAS. Believe me I'm close but needed to narrow the field.

Their better lines are Martin and Yairi. They had plenty of choose from and were very helpful. I'm at the point of choosing the sound/tonewood and nut width. The big thing I wanted accomplish was to evaluate my prefered nut width. The winner is 1 3/4"

I like a shop that is inviting and with knowledgable staff that encourage you to play anything they have even their vintage Martins if you like. The only tension there was on the instrument strings and neck. My local shops ,a 10 min. drive away, are quite the opposite. One of then even sells Martin and Taylor, but you know people make the business. So far I have found

If your within a decent drive of the Carrboro, NC do yourself a favor and stop in.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:39 PM

There is also a Music Loft off of Battleground in Greensboro. As you have stated, they are very knowledgable about their products and tend to go out their way to see that you are a satisfied customer. I haven't been by there in a while, but the last time that I was there, they had some really good pricing.
Epiphone Masterbilt DR500R

What am I listening to now: Zac Brown Band "The Foundation"
Old 09-08-2006, 06:53 PM

Default Thanks

I haven't made it to the Greenboro store but I'll be that way Monday. I may be wrong butI don't think the two are associated any longer. but dittos on the service and prices.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:52 AM

I loved the Loft when I lived in Durham. It was a good shop with good people there. Glad it's still around and earning loyal customers.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion