The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-23-2016, 09:38 PM

Default Looking for gig bag for Gibson L-1.

Just bought a Gibson L-1 Robert Johnson for a travel guitar and I need a gig bag for it.Wondering if a gig bag from Taylor GS mini will fit for my L-1.And suggestions?Thank you.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:24 AM
Charter Member

Default Looking for gig bag for Gibson L-1.

Maybe give Gibson Montana a call? The 00 sized Blues King used to come with a gig bag (maybe still does?). Maybe they could send you one if they have some lying around.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy View Post
Just bought a Gibson L-1 Robert Johnson for a travel guitar and I need a gig bag for it.Wondering if a gig bag from Taylor GS mini will fit for my L-1.And suggestions?Thank you.
Not sure about the Taylor bag, but any classical/dobro bag ought to work.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:17 AM

Just want to say that's a really nice travel guitar
Old 09-24-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McNamara View Post
Not sure about the Taylor bag, but any classical/dobro bag ought to work.
Right. Joe beat me to it: any gigbag intended for a classical guitar ought to work just fine. The fit on gigbags is generally fairly approximate, even on those intended for specific makes and models of guitars. So precision fit is usually not even on the menu.

When you're traveling, one advantage to having a slightly oversized gigbag is that you can tuck a couple of clean shirts or a small bag of dirty laundry in with the guitar. I recently purchased a used Seagull folk model guitar in Vancouver, BC, and it came with a good quality, padded Fender gigbag that had clearly been intended for a larger instrument.

But it was kind of a lifesaver - I'd ridden up across the border on the train, choosing not to take my car through Canadian customs, carrying only a daypack with me. While in Vancouver I did buy some tee shirts as souvenirs, and having that extra space to stow them in the gigbag really helped.

By the way, having a guitar with you when you take the Alaska Marine Highway ferry is a good idea! We were on the ferry for several days, and it was fun playing music while we rode.

Wade Hampton Miller

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion