The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 12-08-2017, 08:54 AM

On the other hand, no pun intended, the slightly longer scale may provide just enough more tension with dropped tunings. Really, however, if you're used to Martin's regular scale, you're talking about a difference of only .015" between the first and second frets. You'd have to play it to see if it affects your hands and style, but for me it takes not more than a minute to get accustomed to a different scale length.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Charter Member

That makes sense, Louie. Thank you.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:52 PM

When ever I think I must have "one" last guitar built, I always consider a build by Kevin.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Charter Member

As a Ryan owner, with it as only second to my multi-scale Bashkin as favorite, I do note that the longer scale (very minor difference) gives it the most impressive lower end of any guitar I have experienced. It really is unmatched for the clarity and fullness. But the extra length does take away from the trebles. Would that Ryan would make a multi-scale and they'd own me forever.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:03 PM

I dont tell much difference in the scale length of 25.7 inches conpared to 25.4.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop