The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-17-2017, 10:51 AM

Default Goyette guitars

Has anyone heard of, or sampled these instruments?
Old 11-17-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmr View Post
Has anyone heard of, or sampled these instruments?
I've never played a Goyette or Yulong Gun guitar and, in fact, had never heard of them until reading your thread. Here's a video comparison of some of these guitars to a Ramirez 1A,

and a link to the Goyette Guitar Centre website.

http://www.goyetteguitarcenter.com
Old 11-17-2017, 12:14 PM

Yep. Same here. Though I had heard of them some time ago and visited the website. I happened back around to their website while I was looking at yet another previously “unknown to me” brand of small run classical guitars that was mentioned in a recent post here. I’m kind of on a hunt for a slightly better sounding classical than my C5. So far, the Spanish built Alhambra’s and the Córdoba España models are most to my liking within my relatively meek budget target.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:21 PM

You can access some helpful discussions regarding Yulong Guo guitars over on the Delcamp site. (google: yulong guo delcamp and you should see a few threads pop up). Most of these guitars are double top latticed-braced instruments, so the focus is on volume and sustain - lots of Australian design influence. I've read some fairly decent feedback, but I've also read they are inconsistent, loud but not very dynamic, poor quality tone. I don't care for the tone of most lattice-braced guitars, so I'm negatively biased....

Last edited by Dogsnax; 11-17-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:35 PM

Those lattice braced designs are far beyond my 900 dollar budget limit. For the two grand or so cost of those upper end Y G models, I would opt for a Ramirez Del Tiempo model. I could buy a Ramirez locally and they are warm, well balanced and dynamic to my ear, with a beefy but very comfortable neck profile. My budget pointed me to the sub 1000 dollar Goyette models and also the Decascia guitars in Canada. Both brands use similar business model in manufacturing their guitars, I think.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical