The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 10-12-2014, 06:02 PM

Brozman? Was waiting for more on the child molestation thing, nothing but accusations, so I still have him in high regard. Knuckle? Yeah, a piece of work, but not a bad guy, from the little I saw of him here and there. Liked to mess up his Nats, but they were his... Anyway, hi guys.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:40 PM

Never mind.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:01 AM

This beating around the bush sounds catty. Rowr! We all have our issues, especially our online personas (me, oh yes..!), Knuckle had his more on his sleeve than most, and afaik, the horribleness that were rumored to be Brozman's are still that, rumors. for good or ill, names are what we have in this medium. Most are nicely made up, not a dig at anyone here, just a fact.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:15 AM

Pardon me for going slightly off topic, but this seemed to be heading off the rails anyway.

I have a Style 1 Tricone that I haven't been wiping down after each session. It's accumulated alot of tarnish. I know National recommends 'Flitz' and I have started using it, but it's not getting it all out. I am tempted to use Brasso, or something stronger on it, but I don't want to make things worse than they already are. Anyone have experience restoring the original gleam? Yes, I'm a bad man and not worthy of this instrument, but let's try to fix this!
Old 10-13-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
This beating around the bush sounds catty. Rowr! We all have our issues, especially our online personas (me, oh yes..!), Knuckle had his more on his sleeve than most, and afaik, the horribleness that were rumored to be Brozman's are still that, rumors. for good or ill, names are what we have in this medium. Most are nicely made up, not a dig at anyone here, just a fact.
Just to clarify, the comment I deleted was about a specific thing Knuck said about his life history. It wasn't even that inflammatory, but he isn't here to comment. So I deleted it. Only seemed fair.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:21 AM

Hi Jim! Try Nonoxl on an outta the way area. I use it on my brass slide, and have used it on other metal to good effect, not sure about shiny silvered whatever metal.

And yes, you're worthy of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
Pardon me for going slightly off topic, but this seemed to be heading off the rails anyway.

I have a Style 1 Tricone that I haven't been wiping down after each session. It's accumulated alot of tarnish. I know National recommends 'Flitz' and I have started using it, but it's not getting it all out. I am tempted to use Brasso, or something stronger on it, but I don't want to make things worse than they already are. Anyone have experience restoring the original gleam? Yes, I'm a bad man and not worthy of this instrument, but let's try to fix this!
Old 10-13-2014, 10:17 AM

Thanks Neil, I'll keep an eye out for this product. It's spelled Nonoxal. Seems that nonoxl is either an Iceland hill or a spermicide ingredient, at least according to Google. ;-)
Old 10-13-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks Neil, I'll keep an eye out for this product. It's spelled Nonoxal. Seems that nonoxl is either an Iceland hill or a spermicide ingredient, at least according to Google. ;-)
Aargh, it's " Noxon", yeah, that other stuff...😜
Old 10-13-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:

Some of us have body chemistries that jack up a nickel finish regardless of wipedown waxing helps. Might consider it after you get the best cleaning you are able to on your guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments