The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-11-2016, 11:34 AM

Default Yamaha NTX700 vs Ibanez AEG10NII

I've been researching & shopping. I see that probably my ideal "go to" nylon would be a nylon string Guild with its already installed Barbera Solo pickup.
-Perhaps someday I will -when I can.

Right now my price range is in the Yamaha/Ibanez area.

I see that the Ibanez AEG10NII seems to have been designed to fulfil the same needs as the Yamaha NTX700.

Understandably the Yamaha NTX1200 is more guitar than the Ibanez AEG10NII -as perhaps is the Yamaha NTX900 -also better than the Ibanez nylon model.

However it is a fair question as to how the Yamaha NTX700 & the Ibanez AEG10NII compare.

As well I read a lot re the relative merits of the Yamaha NTX and NCX -but I have not seen anyone speak to the virtues of the CGX and GCX, -also of this Yamaha acoustic nylon electric line.

Has anyone checked out the Yamaha CGX & GCX ?

Does the Ibanez AEG10NII compare well to the Yamaha NTX700, -and is there any other such types of guitars out there -at a similar price point ?
Old 03-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Charter Member

IMO... there's NO comparison between a Yamaha acoustic and an Ibanez acoustic. I haven't played the particular Ibanez model that you're talking about, but I've played a lot of Ibanez steel and nylon string acoustics and haven't played a single one that came close to any Yamaha steel or nylon string in anything close to the same price range.

I've played the NTX700 and it is a great instrument. Very responsive and playable, with a great electronic system on board. Yamaha builds great guitars. I own one and have owned several more in the past.

Have you looked into any of the Cordoba electrified nylons? I'm currently on my 8th. They are my favorite acoustic-electric nylon stringed instruments. I currently own an FCWE Reissue, 55FCE Limited, C12 SP, and one of their ukeleles. I gig the FCWE and 55FCE often.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:38 PM

I have the NTX700 very good guitar plays great.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:30 AM

I did own the NTX700 and it did play quite good. The one thing I wasn't
crazy about was it's acoustic sound unplugged, nothing to write
home about.

This guitar was made to be plugged into an amp IMO, it sounded great
plugged in. It also makes a very good recording too.
16 Alvarez AD610CESB
Mid 80's Alvarez 5009 classical
63 Yamaha No100 classical
89 Gibson Les Paul Standard
04 Gibson Les Paul Supreme
84 Ibanez AS200AV
75 Gibson L6S
05 Gibson SG Special Peter Townsend
95 G&L Legacy

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical