The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judson View Post
now that the air has become crisp and humidity is down, all my guitars seem to have acquired new life.
Yeah, Jud. It's going to be a "crisp" 86 here today.

But I do know what you mean. We run the a/c so as to keep the indoor humidity in check when it's warm but when the humidity gets too high, guitars do sound muffled. I'm probably happiest when the RH is around 40% -- not so dry as to be a worry but dry enough to let the tone come out unhindered.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:25 PM

Heh heh ... yep, the heat has crept back up. Still feels pretty dry overall though. Our AC is still active too. Just not as much over the past 10 days ... until nw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devellis View Post
Yeah, Jud. It's going to be a "crisp" 86 here today.

But I do know what you mean. We run the a/c so as to keep the indoor humidity in check when it's warm but when the humidity gets too high, guitars do sound muffled. I'm probably happiest when the RH is around 40% -- not so dry as to be a worry but dry enough to let the tone come out unhindered.

Hear my original music at: https://www.reverbnation.com/judsonhair
Old 10-06-2013, 11:39 PM

For crisp tone, you need crisp wood! Well...not cracking crisp, but NOT wet either.

During our recent very rainy season, my guitars seemed rather dull and muddy sounding. Now that it has dried out and cooled down, they really seem more playable, sparkly and focused in tone.

I'm liking the change.
Hohner essentials Plus folk
Samick/Bennett cutaway dread rosewood
others I've forgotten about.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion