The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-16-2008, 11:10 PM

Default What would be some suggestions for a GOOD acoustic amp that fits on a MIC STAND?

Double post...sorry.

Last edited by mycompany1; 11-17-2008 at 02:32 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:30 AM

I have seen the AER alpha and it is a great amp, but are there any other acoustic guitar amps out there that can put out decently like the AER Alpha....yet small enough to fit on a mic stand?

The reason I ask is because my space would be limited if I got TWO amps onstage ( I will already have a Mesa Boogie Lonestar 2x12) and a mic stand mountable acoustic guitar amp that put out at decent levels would be ideal.

One thing I see the AER Alpha lacks, is a tweeter. Are there any that have a tweeter that are mic stand mountable???

I would be playing it with a Taylor 312 CE and LR Baggs M1A in hole pickup with a LR Baggs para DI and Visual sound liquid chorus and echo for effects.

Here is one I am considering even though it does not fit on a mic stand....A Ultrasound AG-30 30 watt acoustic guitar amp. Not bad for the price!

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...Amp?sku=488500
Old 11-17-2008, 06:40 AM

I had an AER Compact 60, which was brilliant, and fitted to a mic stand. Great for vocals and acoustic guitar, I only sold mine when I heard my guitar through a Bose L1, which blew it away, although, not comparing like for like!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:48 AM

One to look at is the Carvin S400D with a built-in tripod socket. It is has a 100 watt amplifier, 4 channels, effects and will run of its internal battery if there is no outlet handy.

https://www.carvinguitars.com/produc...?product=S400D
Old 11-17-2008, 10:11 AM

For the $, I like the Roland AC90, the bigger brother of the AC60. It has lots of good options, including a subwoofer out if you want to add an active sub. I like the fact that it fits in a shoulder bag. The mic channel is very good, as opposed to some of the other acoustic amps. The line outs work well if you want to add a powered speaker. It also works great as a monitor if you are feeding the house. When I bought the BOSE PAS way back when, it seemed portable! Now there are so many good amps out there. Great for all of us.
davidc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification