The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 01-09-2018, 06:52 PM
AGF Sponsor

The black .75 mm large triangle blt-75 has almost overnight become one of our top three sellers. The reviews from our players have been very positive (we tested this material in the field for over two years, with several dozen of our best players).

Here's part of an email I received just this morning from a new customer who ordered four different picks from us:

I spent a great deal of time trying to decide which picks to originally order from you, and the one I'm most pleasantly surprised by is the black .75 triangle. The black triangle draws out a depth of tone that really brings a smile to my face (mind you, I'm not a professional player...simply an "amateur hack" that has developed an ear over the years). In particular, I have a very temperamental '85 Guild F46 that frequently decides whether its going to sound spectacular or like a muffled swamp log on a daily basis. But the blt .75 brings out a consistency of tone that I've never experienced before with that guitar...to the point I'm pulling the Guild out the case more often than my "go to" Martin these past few days.

Here's another early review from one of our first customer, who has bought more than ten picks from us through the years. He bought three black tris on this last order: I got my Charmed Life Black tri's, 0.75, a few days ago. Love them. I had a 1.0 tri black and the .75's I like a little bit better, can play a little faster strumming. Both are great ringing picks. I also have brown .75's and use them a lot. Now with the same size in black I think I may be using the black about 50/50 with the browns. I really like the presence and punch with both, with the black being just a little more pronounced. It is a tough choice if I had to choose between the two, so I won't attempt. Love them both. And the thickness and easy of play is great for me and my strumming style. I do throw a lick or two in there once in a while and it sounds great!

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 02-10-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:32 AM
AGF Sponsor

The new black .75 mm tri has quickly become one of our hottest products. Amazing.

Thanks for all the great reviews and support, folks.

scott
Old 01-18-2018, 01:05 PM
AGF Sponsor

This model has instantly become the third best seller in our company, behind the brown .75 mm tri and our best-selling Red teardrop.

To tell you the truth, we didn't see this coming. We knew this new material was new, but the marketplace will always tell you if you hit the mark. Players have really taken to the black material. Who knews?

Thanks, All,
Scott
Old 01-20-2018, 12:12 PM
AGF Sponsor

We had no intention of building this model any time soon, but the demand was so strong, and we were making so many of them "custom," it just made more sense for us to add them to our lineup.

The same model in our brown series is the second most popular in our company, but players wanted something in black in the same thicknesses. Players tell us these cut through the mix just a tad more than the browns, without being harsh or noisy.

Anyway, they're a hit, and we keep getting lucky on new offerings. Thank our lucky stars.

Thanks for all your continued support, AGF.

scott memmer
Old 01-24-2018, 04:53 PM
AGF Sponsor

We finally have a bunch of these coming in, so we should be go through the Spring. Knew we'd get there eventually......

scott
Old 01-31-2018, 02:19 PM
AGF Sponsor

With your help, January 2018 was the second best month in our history. We have really begun to hit our stride, offering products players play and love.

Thank you, AGF!

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 02-01-2018 at 07:09 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:34 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Thirty-Five Day Refund/Return -- Longest in Pick Industry

Just an FYI... CLP offers the longest refund/exchange period -- 35 days, as long as it comes back to us in one piece. So, in essence, you can play any product of ours for a month and return it if you like.

This gives our customers an opportunity for a true trial period of any new products that might come down the pike.

No pick is for every player. We genuinely want you to find the best picks on the market for your playing style and guitar(s). If we don't make it, we're happy to recommend another manufacturer who does. We do this at least a couple times a week.

thanks, agf,

scott

P.S. Just this morning I got a text from a very hot Nashville/Austin player who has toured with major country and Bluegrass artists for more than twenty years. We have not yet inked an endorsement deal with him, but will very shortly. He has played ALL our materials, including the tortoise and red and brown series, and likes the black best of all. His text reads, in part: "That black holds up like a tank, it's awesome."

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 02-10-2018 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:06 AM
AGF Sponsor

I see that this thread was started over 18 months ago. We're thrilled that the black line has become so popular with our customers. We have triangles in three different thicknesses -- .75, 1.15 and 1.50 mm. These are REALLY good. I discovered recently that this material is awesome on mandolin.

We had such a rush on the black line that you cleaned us out of teardrops. Give us a couple more weeks to recoup and make some more.

Thanks Again,
Scott Memmer
Old 11-14-2019, 11:28 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Whiskey Picks View Post
I'll step in and answer on this one and say that I feel the black is actually a bit louder than the brown. It's hard to describe but the brown has a softer feel on the strings to me. I really prefer the black.
Mick, on your point, we knew the black material was really good when we first discovered it almost five years ago. However, I was concerned about launching a brand-new material in a very crowded marketplace.

We launched three years ago, and it now sells as well as the brown, in some models even better. We're glad we hung with it.

Thanks, Buddy,

Scott
Old 11-26-2019, 10:50 AM
AGF Sponsor

The black .60 mm tri is a major hit and no one else in the industry offers a triangle pick this thin made from the best materials available. No one. It will floor you.

sm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace