The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 10-22-2013, 02:36 PM

Thumbs up

Mini humbucker is a must in a tele neck position, in my opinion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ODh9_ab8pc
Regards
Rob
Old 10-22-2013, 03:05 PM

Dovetail posted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dovetail View Post
there is a good fellow in NFLD, Craig Vineham he makes whatever ya want , very reasonable.
Very good stuff .
I replied:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Thanks for the info Dovetail. I've never heard of Craig. I just found his site:
http://www.vineham.com/index.html
I contacted Craig. He's working out west in the oil patch for the next few months but he's expecting to be winding pickups again in Newfoundland in the new year. I think I'm going to try out one of his pickups - not sure what yet though.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Dovetail posted:

I replied:

I contacted Craig. He's working out west in the oil patch for the next few months but he's expecting to be winding pickups again in Newfoundland in the new year. I think I'm going to try out one of his pickups - not sure what yet though.
Great always good to buy Canadian when you can IMO. Hope you like his stuff as much as I do.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I'm seriously tempted at buying one of his "Standard Vintage Humbuckers". Only $65 vs the "PAF Reproduction Sets" at $110. Have you tried both the standard and reproduction pickups?

Based on the Whisky Burner description, is it like a Pearly Gates or a P-90 in humbucker form?
The WB set I got after having him make several different pups to my specs.
some went into bridge pos. on strats . Some into an Epi les Paul.

I got a MIK G400 for a song and thought I would give his WB set a try he likes them lot . I do as well More like a PG IMO
Mine are not wax potted .

So I never have tried his Standard guys. I would assume they would be good ! He loves to please people and will go out of his way to make sure you get something that is pleasing.

Last edited by dovetail; 10-22-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:12 AM
Charter Member

I'll put a plug in for Bare Knuckle pickups...I have a set of "The Boss" Tele pups in my Hell No2 guitar and they sound really good, much better than any standard Fender Tele pickup I've ever played. Great low end, good ringing highs without the piercing bite that most Tele pickups exhibit, sound great and articulate when played clean and even heavily overdriven. They are hand wound out of England and BK's are standard in all Hell Guitars. There are a few dealers in the US and Canada...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars