The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-06-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
I never thought of going to Nashville to tune a guitar. Interesting. I currently tune in AZ.
Yes, that would totally suck for me because I play in drop D a lot and then go back to regular tuning, the airfare alone would be outrageous. Then the whole question arises if you go to Nashville to tune, can you then play it in New York or would I have to go to a whole new state of mind....Jeez I am so confused now.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
I never thought of going to Nashville to tune a guitar. Interesting. I currently tune in AZ.
LOL Kramster...Didn't you know that Nashville is the only place in the World where guitars are always in tune???
I think it has something to do with the electromagnetic force being influenced by the Earth's spin, then bouncing off the rings of Saturn...Bwahaha...
Wechter Nashville Tuned
Wechter Dobro
Washburn Nylon

Electric:
Line 6 Variax

Keyboards: Korg SV-1 88 key reverse

PA:
QSC K8 x 2

Amps:
Custom Peavey Studio Pro (Superman)
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Old 08-06-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Yes, that would totally suck for me because I play in drop D a lot and then go back to regular tuning, the airfare alone would be outrageous. Then the whole question arises if you go to Nashville to tune, can you then play it in New York or would I have to go to a whole new state of mind....Jeez I am so confused now.
Sorry for the confusion TomB'sox...I have it on the highest authority that you can tune your piano in New York, but you're guitars have to be tuned in Tennesee Amigo...
I looked it up on wickapedia and found that Helen Keller was the source...LOL...
Wechter Nashville Tuned
Wechter Dobro
Washburn Nylon

Electric:
Line 6 Variax

PA:
QSC K8 x 2

Amps:
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Old 08-06-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
I have tuned to various kī hōʻalu (Hawaiian slack key) tunings in Hawaiʻi, but by perseverance and hard work I have gotten to the point where can also tune to slack key in California and Oregon. The tricky part is that the time difference between Hawaiʻi and the US means that I either have to wait for 3 hours to hear the note after I pluck it, or it sounds 3 hours before I pluck it, depending on which direction I'm traveling.

Old 08-06-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pauhana View Post
I have tuned to various kī hōʻalu (Hawaiian slack key) tunings in Hawaiʻi, but by perseverance and hard work I have gotten to the point where can also tune to slack key in California and Oregon. The tricky part is that the time difference between Hawaiʻi and the US means that I either have to wait for 3 hours to hear the note after I pluck it, or it sounds 3 hours before I pluck it, depending on which direction I'm traveling.

Oh No Uncle Pauhana!!! Doing more research I discovered there is a significant time anomaly in the Pacific Ocean Amigo!!! Yes it's true...the "Devils Triangle" has moved from the Bahamas to... gulp...OFF THE COAST OF CALIFORNIA!!!
I know it must be true because Ted @ L.A. has failed to send me all of his C.F. guitars in stock...I'm pretty sure that the check is in the mail...LOL...
Wechter Nashville Tuned
Wechter Dobro
Washburn Nylon

Electric:
Line 6 Variax

PA:
QSC K8 x 2

Amps:
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Old 08-06-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytone View Post
Oh No Uncle Pauhana!!! Doing more research I discovered there is a significant time anomaly in the Pacific Ocean Amigo!!! Yes it's true...the "Devils Triangle" has moved from the Bahamas to... gulp...OFF THE COAST OF CALIFORNIA!!!
I know it must be true because Ted @ L.A. has failed to send me all of his C.F. guitars in stock...I'm pretty sure that the check is in the mail...LOL...
I don't know how you could have missed it… denial I guess… but the guitars Ted is sending you have onviously been lost in the Devi's Triangle!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber