The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 09-23-2016, 05:01 AM

Thanks so much for the kind words! I've taken a brief hiatus from building to totally rebuild my workshop, but I'm almost done with that project and about to start an exciting build. A very interesting curly, spalted Tasmanian blackwood back and sides, mated to a beautiful bearclaw sitka, with African blackwood beveled binding. Should be fun!
Old 09-23-2016, 06:07 AM

Can't believe I missed this. You are one talented sir! That guitar looks absolutely stunning!!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 01-16-2017, 01:43 PM
Charter Member

Smile Totally cooL!!!

Amazing instrument! Congratulations on such an elegant piece of art that sings...

Nice playing too!

Now that I am 65 and still playing for a meager living, I am finding that comfort is more and more important to me. And, I do not want to sacrifice tone to get it.

John Kinnaird is currently building me a super light weight large 12 fret with a full bevel all across the upper back, and a large arm bevel, too. He feels the bevels will decrease the volume but we are doing an elevated fretboard to try to make up for the bevels.

Your guitar is absolutely beautiful, and I am looking forward to seeing the next one unfold!

May your herds increase, Sir!

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 01-17-2017, 09:55 AM

I'm 65 also and have just finished redoing my shop to address wood sensitivities that have built up after forty years of woodworking. Sometimes we have to make adjustments to continue doing the things we love! Full bevels are extremely comfortable and I'm sure you'll love your new Kinnaird. His work is fantastic.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:25 PM

I'm far from qualified to fully appreciate what you've done here, but I can say this ... as a staunch traditionalist who cares little for the modernist aesthetic, this guitar has an undeniable wow factor in both its looks and tone. Well done, and carry-on!!!
Old 01-17-2017, 05:22 PM

Be proud, you've brought a one-of-a-kind work of art into the world. And I just have to say, the sound is HAUNTING, the piece you chose for the demonstration was chilling.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:35 AM

Only just caught this thread. Wow! Love it! Thoroughly original, sculptural and organic. Just amazing.

Thanks so much for sharing the journey with us - really delightful!
Kostal MDC German/claro and OM Euro/Madrose
Larrivee L-05MT
Lowden O35cx cedar/EIR, New Lady, Baritone, O12 and O12-12
McIlroy A25c custom Cedar/Kew black walnut
Montgomery fan fret parlour Euro/ebony
Sands Baritone Swiss/Ovangkol (another due 2022)
Wingert Model E German/Braz
Yairi 1960s Soloists
Old 06-01-2017, 04:57 PM

Thanks for taking a look at this build! It was a fun one. You might want to have a look at my current build that I'm just waiting for the finish to set before buffing.
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=456459
Old 07-10-2017, 08:55 AM

I reconstructed this thread also. There's some random photobucket images that are still showing up that I'll undoubtedly have to update in the future, but for now it's mostly complete.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop