The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-11-2021, 06:01 PM
Charter Member

Default Fender Acoustic Preverb Review

A preamp and reverb pedal in one:

Old 03-11-2021, 07:13 PM

Interesting. I like how streamlined it is. It'd probably be good for those gigs where you get very little setup time. Does it have an XLR balanced output?

Personally, I'd have liked to have had a tuner in it that goes on when you hit the mute switch. I'm not a fan of a) headstock tuners when performing live and b) hearing people tune during a performance, which usually happens when they use headstock tuners. That's when I use a mute switch, when tuning.

A couple comments on the video review - Nice job overall. A bit of constructive criticism if I may: It would have been better to show the front of the unit in the beginning of the video so the viewer would know what type of input/output it has. Also, I couldn't really hear the reverb very well with the strumming. Maybe something more staccato, or simply hitting a chord then muting it so we could hear the tail.

Thanks for posting.
Old 03-11-2021, 08:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
Interesting. I like how streamlined it is. It'd probably be good for those gigs where you get very little setup time. Does it have an XLR balanced output?

Personally, I'd have liked to have had a tuner in it that goes on when you hit the mute switch. I'm not a fan of a) headstock tuners when performing live and b) hearing people tune during a performance, which usually happens when they use headstock tuners. That's when I use a mute switch, when tuning.

A couple comments on the video review - Nice job overall. A bit of constructive criticism if I may: It would have been better to show the front of the unit in the beginning of the video so the viewer would know what type of input/output it has. Also, I couldn't really hear the reverb very well with the strumming. Maybe something more staccato, or simply hitting a chord then muting it so we could hear the tail.

Thanks for posting.
Thanks and that’s a good point. I could have played stabs instead of the loop. I did like how the sound filled up even with the strumming though.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification