The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 07-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Charter Member

Default SOLD: Taylor NS34CE nylon string 2005

The Taylor NS34CE is the nylon string version of the 314CE, and is now known as the 314CE-N. It has a street price of $1800 new, the same as the steel string 314.
It has clear, clean tones and truly excellent bass.
The spruce top has aged beautifully, and overall it is quite a nice looking, great playing instrument with a number of signs of use.
FWIW, I have hundreds of ratings on trading sites such as ebay, etc., with 100% positives over several decades.
Pics here:
https://reverb.com/item/5843244-tayl...e-solid-sapele
This is American made at Taylor's El Cajon site. It is not a classical guitar, but a modern crossover nylon string design meant to be comfortable for steel string players who want the sound and experience of nylon. Playing is very easy on the hands.
It has the same woods and construction as the 314CE (solid Sitka spruce top, solid sapele back and sides, ebony fretboard and bridge, and mahogany neck).
It has the Fishman electronics package which works well.
I have just had a setup done by the best guitar tech Seattle has to offer, who gave it a clean bill of health. Excellent neck (with a couple of minor dents), good frets with just a little wear. No structural issues. Action is quite low, and with the Taylor neck (1 7/8" nut) and nylon strings it is the easiest on the hands and fingers I've encountered.
This is a "player's" instrument, with a number of minor dings across the instrument. Most of are shallow and small, which I can't photograph. The worst condition issue is a 2" separation on a rear edge binding, which has been repaired. The headstock has a couple of small marks. See the pics.
It has a quite new set of D'Addario ProArte Titanium strings on it, and I will include unused ProArte Carbon trebles, which Taylor recommends. It includes a good quality Kaces brand hard case, which has a few scratches and scuffs, but looks good.
These often sell for up to $1000, and in spite of the dings it looks good and will play as well as the best. Price easily discounts the condition at ~ 1/3 of new price!
Thanks for having a look.

Last edited by jonbee; 07-09-2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

Default Taylor NS34CE -make offer!

Make a reasonable offer and it could be yours at a great price!
Old 07-08-2017, 04:47 PM

Sent you a PM....

Acorn House Custom by Chris Kenney:Tinman "Heart Guitar" SJ
McKnight Mini-Mac V; Madagascar RW, Italian/Carpathian top; exquisite!
John Helton Custom OM; Honduran Mahogany Burl "the Growler"
Rainsong H-DR1100N2
Journey travel guitar in Nashville high tuning

"The music lives in the musician; not the instrument."

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars