The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-12-2020, 01:34 PM

Default Ergonomic guitar & bass straps

These are designed specifically to distribute the weight of heavy instruments. I first heard of them via a banjo forum (you think Les Pauls are heavy? Try toting a banjo around a bluegrass festival.) NFI.

https://slingerstraps.com/

Last edited by frankmcr; 05-12-2020 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:06 PM

Interesting. I've seen straps like some of theirs before. A couple I would not be caught dead using such as the hip or harness but their elastic one should be looked into.

A couple of years ago I was looking for a strap to help my neck and back. I wondered what did Jerry Garcia use for Tiger who weighs in at a whopping 13.5 pounds. Granted Jerry was strong and had big legs but 13.5 pounds for 4 hour long shows, tour after tour day after day etc. she had to get heavy and Jerry had to have searched for the best strap possible. He did in fact find a strap that he liked and wore it often. It's the blue one you'll often see him using. Unfortunately, the neoprene strap he used is no longer made but I found a close replacement and it's made a world of difference for me. It might be similar to their Elastic one. I don't know about theirs but I know this one is well made and gets the job done.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars