The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 11-19-2014, 10:14 AM
Charter Member

Default Bump it up again....

Another bump to the top. As I expected, apart from the Braz/presentation model offers so far, it seems like most Grevenistas are keeping their beloved guitars. I'm seriously considering one offer but it would be great to see if there are any other unloved Grevens out there, especially jumbos or PS/AVj models, to compare with the one tempting offer thus far. Feel free to email me asap, cash waiting or trades with one of my Goodalls/Guild GF60. Thnx.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:21 AM
Charter Member

Default And again

I know it's a long shot but it's worth another bump to the top. Quite possibly I may have found a way of acquiring a Greven for my brother, in time for my visit to see him in February. But it's worth another bump to the top to see if there's anyone out there teetering on the edge, thinking about letting their beloved Greven go. I'd be more than happy to acquire 2 Grevens (different models) so I'll be able to keep one for myself & compare. Let's see what transpires I'm open on a cash purchase or a trade option, don't forget. Thanks.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

Default Bump again...

Bump again. Looks like the emails/PM's are drying up so maybe all Grevenistas have decided to pull up the drawbridge, retreat into their castle keeps & defend their Grevens with their lives Try another bump anyway......
Old 11-22-2014, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

Default And another one......

Bump this again for one of the last times. I'd been promised a Greven F model but the seller has just changed his mind & decided to keep it. Such is life In the meantime it looks like my pressing need to buy my brother a Greven in time for my February New Zealand visit, it's been resolved & he will have a gorgeous Greven of his own. In the meantime, I'll always be looking for another used Greven model myself to go with my Prairie State (Australian lacewood).....feel free to email me anytime, even after this thread has been pulled. There must be more Grevens out there.....seemingly available one's are as rare as hen's teeth
Old 11-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Charter Member

Default Try one last time

Emails & PM's dried up so I'll try one last time to see if anyone else has an unloved Greven.....cash waiting or great trade opportunity with one of my Goodalls & Guild GF60. Cheers.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:47 AM
Charter Member

Default Thanks

Unexpectedly I received another email so I'll try bumping this again.......so one or two under-used Grevens do exist out there after all.....just a matter of finding the preferred model now. I prefer a jumbo, F/FX model or an AVj model...cash waiting or potential great trade on offer.Thanks.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Charter Member

Default PM & previous email replied to.

Bump it up again, PM and email replied to.....ideally looking for a jumbo, F, FX, AVj or another Prairie State....thanks again.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:30 AM
Charter Member

Default To the top again.....

Still smarting over just losing out on 2 Greven F models, one due to a change of heart by the seller & the other due to someone else being faster on the trigger.....still I live in hope Bump it to the top....someone give me an early Christmas present & email me with your Greven jumbo offer...or even an F/FX or AJV. If anyone is looking for an incredible Goodall then I could trade in either my rare RCJ model or TrOM for the right Greven model. Thanks again.....make my day & message me!!
Old 11-27-2014, 05:08 PM
Charter Member

Default Last shout?

Probably the last bump for awhile .......in the meantime if anyone decides to flip on their Greven model in the near future, please remember this WTB listing and message me. Thanks everyone for the messages/emails....and even though nothing came of it, I learned a great deal from others with alternative suggestions etc.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:47 PM

Default Greven for sale

IN CENRAL nj craigslist.not mine.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:58 AM
Charter Member

There's a Greven at TAMCO.

Chris Stern

Guitars by:

Bown Wingert Kinscherff Sobell Circa Olson Ryan Fay Kopp McNally Santa Cruz McAlister Beneteau Fairbanks Franklin Collings Tippin Martin Lowden Northworthy Pre-War GC Taylor Fender Höfner

44 in total (no wife)

Around 30 other instruments

Anyone know a good psychiatrist?

www.chrisstern.com
Old 11-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Charter Member

Default Still looking.....

Thanks for the help, guys. I'm aware of both guitars......the CL NJ Greven is an 0012 & sunburst, not my preferred size & I don't particularly like bursts either. The other is hog/lutz 000 and I'm looking for a larger bodied model like a jumbo,0000/F, FX, AJv or even a PS model .....I'm more open on the tonewood combo. Thanks anyway & as long as I'm receiving PM's, emails & thread replies....I'll keep the thread open. Someone make my Christmas & message me with my ideal Greven
Old 11-28-2014, 06:04 PM

Default I have a beautiful White Lady John made in the '70's for sale. Blackberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by neildealdylan View Post
Just throwing this WTB listing out there to see what kind of response I get. I know it's a very tall order seeing so few of John's 2200+ guitars ever become available. It seems the great man's guitars appeal to a lot of real guitarists & are kept closely guarded after purchase I recently placed a WTB listing for a Greven Prairie State guitar & feel privileged that a forum member sold me his lacewood PS which is now being finely set up by it's maker. It seems ironic that I've not even played a Greven guitar yet but my "gut instinct" tells me that I've found my vintage grail sound after many years of searching & fuelling the GAS. I've listened to a huge number of soundclips & John seems to have captured "that" sound I've been looking for.I have my modern sounding keepers & now I just yearn for a couple of vintage lifers too, if they exist. I'm sure this lacewood PS model, when it arrives at my home, will give me enormous pleasure & I'm definitely going to order a customised new build from John in the very near future, maybe 2 of them. In the meantime I thought I'd ask any forum members if they're thinking of letting one of their Greven guitars go. John's build times are about a year in the waiting & I'm the impatient sort Also, I will be visiting my brother in New Zealand in February & ideally I'd like to gift him one of these guitars because I feel it will also be his sound too. I'll try to be open to most of John's models but if someone were to offer me a jumbo, another PS, an AVj model or even an 0000/F model ....then it would feel like I've hit the jackpot!! Feel free to email/message me with any suggestions. Many thanks......

Hi there. I have one of John's first White Lady's in my possession. I can't play her anymore and that hurts my heart. What is worse than selling her is to think no one will hear how beautiful she sounds!
John tuned her up for me a couple years ago and has pics and a sound clip
There are a few threads you can search for with more info
Let me know if you are interested
Blackberry
Old 11-28-2014, 08:11 PM

Default White Lady

I've got one of John's first White Lady's in my possession. Can't play anymore and it's a crying shame. This gal is a thing of beauty and her sound is amazing!
Let me know if you are interested. John's got some fairly recent pic's and sound clips.
Blackberry
Old 12-04-2014, 10:24 AM
Charter Member

Default I like white ladies

Just sayin

Last edited by pcf; 12-04-2014 at 09:18 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars