The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 06:42 PM

Default 1996 Froggy Bottom F12C. SOLD

SOLD Killer Vintage 1996 Froggy Bottom F12C. with original hard shell case.SOLD

SOLD Crazy-stupid priced-to-sell low price! $3500.00 cash check or paypal gift plus $75.00 shipping. SOLD

This is the
0000- sized / M sized 16"12-fret guitar, aged to perfection. In absolutely beautiful shape. All original. Crack-free, no hidden issues, no repairs made or needed. Perfect neck angle and low action. Recently set-up with 6/64" - 7/64" action with a full saddle and is ready to go, in amazing shape. Needs nothing. The frets are great with min wear on the top 2 or three frets and b strings. The neck is straight and a straightedge placed on the fret board goes right to the top of the bridge as it should. Lots of saddle. Plays cleanly and easily up the entire fretboard with no buzzing etc. Cosmetically, it has one wide finish gouge on the bass-side lower bout not through to the wood. Looks much worse in the photos than in the photos. Other than that it is really clean and has much-much less than normal wear and tear for a guitar closingyears. All-original. Strap button installed by Froggy in their normal position.
Easy to play too for a 16" guitar with the shallow depth and the narrow waste.
IT'S ALIVE!!!! It has the amazing broken-in mature tone that comes with 19 years of maturing and playing. An amazingly powerful, articulate, top rate instrument. Clear and clean sting separation with great controlled overtones and sustain forever. This is the best sounding Froggy as I have ever owned! And I've owned 8. My all-time favorite out of a parlor, two H12's, two H14's a K and an M model. This one has it all for me, except the 1 11/16" neck that I need). Beauty, sweetness and power. Tremendous note separation with a beautiful complex yet clean tone. Even across the fretboard. Extremely responsive to my bare-fingered picking, yet with headroom to spare. Sounds great with a pick too but I've used it as a finger style guitar only. Ringing trebles, strong clear bass that is not in the least muddy. The cutaway provides better access to he high end of the fretboard than a standard 14 fret F14...and the added body size and bridge placement on the F12 really enhance the tone, to my ears. Same size as the two Martin 0000-18 (M size) guitars that I have owned but with so much (MUCH!) more tone, better sustain and bigger-better clean bass! It roars!...no comparison.
Price from Froggy today with the cutaway would be $7,795.00.
This from Froggy:

The Froggy Bottom F12 Model – a full-sized 16” guitar with 4.125” depth (significantly shallower than dreadnoughts) – was inspired by the instrument resulting from the chance conversion of a broken Martin F-7 arch top back in Greenwich Village of the 1960s.

In 1965, someone brought a old Martin F-7 with a trashed top into Marc Silber’s shop in the Village, wondering if it could be salvaged. Marc replaced the original arch top with a flat top and what had been a rather pedestrian guitar got a lot more interesting. As the guitar made the rounds in the Village scene, it caught the attention of players and builders alike. People started bringing the old F-7s into Matt Umanov’s shop for conversion. Word got around.

These early conversions demonstrated the sonic virtues of reducing the volume of air in the bodies of larger instruments and altered the course of contemporary flat top guitar design.

The shallower depth of the Froggy Bottom F makes the instrument comfortable to play and contributes to the guitar’s exceptional string-to-string balance, clarity, and projection.
The F model has the all the balance and versatility of their ever-popular H series guitars, with an added bass response and increased resonance and volume. The perfect guitar for someone looking for something with just a little more oomph than an H, M, or OM size guitar without going up to a jumbo or dreadnaught size instrument.

Mahogany back and sides
Sitka Spruce top
Florentine Cutaway
Standard Series
1 3/4" Nut
Body Width: 16"
Body Length: 21"
Body Depth: 4.125 "
Scale Length: 25.25 "
Saddle Spacing: 2 3/16"
Frets to Body: 12
Standard Froggy low C-neck carve
Priced to sell!!! let me know if I can answer any questions.

More pictures here:

http://s173.photobucket.com/user/bal...?sort=3&page=1

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

This from Froggy:

The Froggy Bottom F12 Model – a full-sized 16” guitar with 4.125” depth (significantly shallower than dreadnoughts) – was inspired by the instrument resulting from the chance conversion of a broken Martin F-7 arch top back in Greenwich Village of the 1960s.

In 1965, someone brought a old Martin F-7 with a trashed top into Marc Silber’s shop in the Village, wondering if it could be salvaged. Marc replaced the original arch top with a flat top and what had been a rather pedestrian guitar got a lot more interesting. As the guitar made the rounds in the Village scene, it caught the attention of players and builders alike. People started bringing the old F-7s into Matt Umanov’s shop for conversion. Word got around.

These early conversions demonstrated the sonic virtues of reducing the volume of air in the bodies of larger instruments and altered the course of contemporary flat top guitar design.

The shallower depth of the Froggy Bottom F makes the instrument comfortable to play and contributes to the guitar’s exceptional string-to-string balance, clarity, and projection.

The F model has the all the balance and versatility of their ever-popular H series guitars, with an added bass response and increased resonance and volume. The perfect guitar for someone looking for something with just a little more oomph than an H, M, or OM size guitar without going up to a jumbo or dreadnaught size instrument.

Mahogany back and sides
Sitka Spruce top
Florentine Cutaway
Standard Series
1 3/4" Nut
Body Width: 16"
Body Length: 21"
Body Depth: 4.125 "
Saddle Spacing: 2 3/16"
Frets to Body: 12
Standard Froggy low C-D neck carve.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.
Thanks!Gary

Last edited by bald melon; 03-26-2015 at 11:23 AM. Reason: SOLD
Old 11-08-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald melon View Post

Scale Length: 24.25"
Can't be both...
Old 11-08-2014, 08:03 PM

Respect the Frog!

I'm usually not a huge fan of cutaways, but this is one sharp guitar.

Best of luck with your sale!

Last edited by Redbeard; 11-16-2014 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Brain flatus
Old 11-08-2014, 08:54 PM

thanks! it's 25 1/4"
Old 11-08-2014, 11:38 PM
Charter Member

This is a GREAT price! You must have your eye on something :-)
Old 11-09-2014, 08:11 PM

I always have my eye on something Bat! This gentle giant has vanquished all the other 8 Frogs but....doing early planning for the future. The future starts with an F, ends with an M and it ain't free.
Hey folks, I had a couple requests for pics of the saddle...so I've added a couple to the ad.
I'm in Southern California, come by and play it. If you do you will buy it.
Gary
Old 11-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Charter Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald melon View Post
I always have my eye on something Bat! This gentle giant has vanquished all the other 8 Frogs but....doing early planning for the future. The future starts with an F, ends with an M and it ain't free.
Hey folks, I had a couple requests for pics of the saddle...so I've added a couple to the ad.
I'm in Southern California, come by and play it. If you do you will buy it.
Gary
Hmmm. Framus doesn't end with an "M."
Old 11-09-2014, 10:14 PM

Wow, awesome Froggy - and a crazy-good price. Seller is a great guy - buy with confidence. Someone will love this guitar!
Old 11-13-2014, 03:32 PM

Bump for a fantastic guitar.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:35 PM

Where in LA are you ??
Old 11-13-2014, 09:21 PM

Orange County Irvine/Laguna Beach area.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Charter Member

Wink

Nice froggy! Dig the florentine cutaway not (Venetian) as someone else mentioned. ..Good Luck! !
Lowden'87 L27FC Taylors’93 Kottke’94 910’82 855c(flor)Harp’19 Emerald Synergy (koa)’17 Doerr Solace select’12 Carmel OM ‘11 SCGC-FS Nylon:Sand,Cervantes.WeissSlide,Gypsy Elecs:Collings Eastside.Turners:RN6,RS6’59335Hist:Strat,Tele,Bass-Lakland,Fender Fretless.Amps:Princeton,Calif Blonde/xcab,Vox,Uke,Accordian,misc devices
Old 11-16-2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1after909 View Post
Nice froggy! Dig the florentine cutaway not (Venetian) as someone else mentioned. ..Good Luck! !
Good call! Shows just how much I typically dislike cutaways---I forgot which was which!

Last edited by Redbeard; 11-16-2014 at 07:57 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 11-16-2014, 11:46 AM

Default 96 Froggy

Quote: "Asking $ 3,795.00 plus 75.00 Shipping w/in continental US;OBO. Check, cash, money order, or PaPal Gift."

WOW! Does your Mom know you're giving this away?

What a deal, wow.
Cheers,
B.

Last edited by BKENNA; 11-16-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:48 PM

Shhhh! I thought it would sell before mom found out!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars