The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 10-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Charter Member

Thumbs up

Ruby Tuesday!! this too is quite a gem!!
Lowden'87 L27FC Taylors’93 Kottke’94 910’82 855c(flor)Harp’19 Emerald Synergy (koa)’17 Doerr Solace select’12 Carmel OM ‘11 SCGC-FS Nylon:Sand,Cervantes.WeissSlide,Gypsy Elecs:Collings Eastside.Turners:RN6,RS6’59335Hist:Strat,Tele,Bass-Lakland,Fender Fretless.Amps:Princeton,Calif Blonde/xcab,Vox,Uke,Accordian,misc devices
Old 10-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Charter Member

Cool

Dig this AWESOME axe!!
Lowden'87 L27FC Taylors’93 Kottke’94 910’82 855c(flor)Harp’19 Emerald Synergy (koa)’17 Doerr Solace select’12 Carmel OM ‘11 SCGC-FS Nylon:Sand,Cervantes.WeissSlide,Gypsy Elecs:Collings Eastside.Turners:RN6,RS6’59335Hist:Strat,Tele,Bass-Lakland,Fender Fretless.Amps:Princeton,Calif Blonde/xcab,Vox,Uke,Accordian,misc devices
Old 10-23-2014, 11:24 PM
Charter Member

Lightbulb

Don't need to be a straight "A" student to get into this Stanford!!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:50 PM
Charter Member

Exclamation

Dig those luscious curves and tone baby!!
Old 10-26-2014, 06:17 PM
Charter Member

Smile

Make me an offer I can't refuse. ..You might be pleasently Surprised! !
Old 10-27-2014, 06:54 PM
Charter Member

Wink

Scary Good!!
Old 10-28-2014, 06:26 PM
Charter Member

Thumbs up

No Trick!!...just a total TREAT!!
Old 10-29-2014, 05:25 PM
Charter Member

Wink

Be- Witching tone and Playability!!
Old 10-30-2014, 06:51 PM
Charter Member

Smile

This guitar is Guaranteed to always keep you in good spirits!!
Old 10-30-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1after909 View Post
This guitar is Guaranteed to always keep you in good spirits!!

Maybe the cheese factor of your daily bumps is wearing a little thin with the gang.

I am confused about this guitar's provenance. Can you provide more details about this? Who designed what and made them where?

From the pictures, this looks something like a Yunzhi or Eastman although the f-holes look particularly small. I assume that's pretty much the quality range we're talking about? How would you say it compares to, say, an Eastman 16"?

Since as far as I can tell nary a soul has heard of this brand, you might want to put up some more very detailed pictures.

- Mountain Whippoorwill (Or, How Hillbilly Jim Won The Great Fiddler's Prize), Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Old 10-31-2014, 06:34 PM
Charter Member

Happy Hollow-ween!!
First off...to address our resident " Hillbilly's comments: In regards to who, what, where, etc, etc if you'll slowly read my original ad I mentioned I bought it from a very reputable dealer Bob and Tim page at Buffalo Bros. I'm sure many forum members have dealt with them and like I through over 20 years have found them to be very straightforward and honest.This is a very high quality instrument, if you want me to compare it to Eastmans, I think overall the fit and finish is superior! You may think otherwise...But we're all entitled to opinions. Don't assume that it's in the same family as some of the other guitars you mentioned in your post just because you haven't heard of it doesn't make it fall into that category. to be honest up until your post I have never heard of the guitar maker Yunzhi. I also have a gypsy jazz guitar made by Claudio Paggelli.No doubt you most likely haven't heard of him, but he's one of the world's best and most innovative builders.Just ask Bob Benedetto among others. So remember how you spell Assume! I realize there's very little information in regards to this particular model and as I put in my original ad very few were made and even fewer sent here to North America. By the way, there's nothing "small" about the F holes on this guitar! and as far as detailed photos go... I'd be happy to send some to any interested potential buyer that requests them.I'm not going to post 20 pictures just to suffice one person. Lastly if you think my Halloween themed prose is cheesy and you think the gang here..er forum members, are tired of it? I wasn't aware that you were speaking for the entire forum! A rude and ignorant comment! I'm going to just take the high road here and say from one of your earlier posts in regards to playing/joining in a jam band...simple... just be a really cool and supportive and compassionate person and maybe when here on the forum lay low on the moonshine happy halloween everybody and this is still an exceptional guitar!

Last edited by 1after909; 10-31-2014 at 06:51 PM. Reason: edited...PM me for any rebuttal
Old 10-31-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1after909 View Post
Happy Hollow-ween!!
First off...to address our resident " Hillbilly's comments: In regards to who, what, where, etc, etc if you'll slowly read my original ad I mentioned I bought it from a very reputable dealer Bob and Tim page at Buffalo Bros. I'm sure many forum members have dealt with them and like I through over 20 years have found them to be very straightforward and honest.This is a very high quality instrument, if you want me to compare it to Eastmans, I think overall the fit and finish is superior! You may think otherwise...But we're all entitled to opinions. Don't assume that it's in the same family as some of the other guitars you mentioned in your post just because you haven't heard of it doesn't make it fall into that category. to be honest up until your post I have never heard of the guitar maker Yunzhi. I also have a gypsy jazz guitar made by Claudio Paggelli.No doubt you most likely haven't heard of him, but he's one of the world's best and most innovative builders.Just ask Bob Benedetto among others. So remember how you spell Assume! I realize there's very little information in regards to this particular model and as I put in my original ad very few were made and even fewer sent here to North America. By the way, there's nothing "small" about the F holes on this guitar! and as far as detailed photos go... I'd be happy to send some to any interested potential buyer that request them I'm not going to post 20 pictures just to suffice one person. Lastly if you think my Halloween themed prose is cheesy and the gang here.. forum members are tired of it? I wasn't aware that you were speaking for the entire forum! A rude and ignorant comments I'm going to just take the high road here and say from one of your earlier post in regards to playing in a jam band...simple just be a really cool and supportive and compassionate person and maybe when here on the forum lay low on the moonshine happy halloween everybody and this is still an exceptional guitar

Heavens, old chap, I am just saying. You're hearing crickets here, but throwing down lame puns as if you were the long lost emo cousin of Tim Vine.

Anyhow it does look kinda Benedetto-like, and that's cool.

BTW, unless it's the first word in the sentence, I spell "assume" with a lower-case A.

The reason I asked about the f-holes is that at least in my trailer park, I've observed that archtops with big holes sound more like flattops, and the ones with smaller holes have that more ploinky, jazzy tone.

I think it's potentially a really cool guitar, don't get me wrong. I just didn't know what to make of it.

- Mountain Whippoorwill (Or, How Hillbilly Jim Won The Great Fiddler's Prize), Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Old 10-31-2014, 07:04 PM

Furch/Stonebridge/Stanford are great guitars. I've been salivating over this since it was first posted. I currently own 2 Stonebridge and 1 Furch. I wuold like to pull the trigger on this, but the holidays are coming up. I know it's a great guitar, all of their instruments sound great.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:03 PM

As Frank Zappa once proclaimed in Duke of Prunes: "If it is a real prune, Knows no cheese!"

The few Furchs/Stonebridges I've come across have all been exceptional instruments. I've no doubt this one is too.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:28 PM

Furch/ Stanford guitars are very high quality and very highly regarded in Europe. Sight unseen I would take this over an Eastman anytime. Unfortunately they are not very well known her.
If I had it in my budget....but I don't.
Christian

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars