The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 12-30-2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fingers View Post
Wow -- many of these posts seem like personal speculation from people with little knowledge of guitar bridges. Beware! No bridge is supposed to come up to any noticeable degree at all. All the speculations as to causes are pretty much irrelevant. It shouldn't happen. This is a warranty issue and a warranty repair, and I think you would be a fool to wait and see if it gets worse, or if you can fix it (trust me: wood glue and a stack of books is nuts) or there's some weird cause for it other than the simplest and most likely: a poor glue job during construction. Contact the company, explain your bridge is lifting, and arrange for them to fix it. It's an easy warranty repair; letting it go can create exciting, complicated, and sometimes really unfortunate and unfixable consequences later. If it's gone for a week, you can use the time to make another best friend -- a human, perhaps.
Personal speculation? The practice of rebating the bottom edge of the bridge is done by Cort, Seagull (Godin), Taylor... even Goodall and Greenfield do it. So I suppose, It is more than speculation on my part - I know it for a FACT
Old 12-30-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieAtienza View Post
Personal speculation? The practice of rebating the bottom edge of the bridge is done by Cort, Seagull (Godin), Taylor... even Goodall and Greenfield do it. So I suppose, It is more than speculation on my part - I know it for a FACT

This bridge is meant to be glued to the edge. It’s my fault for not confirming this information so it’s no fault of any of you guys. You are all just trying to help and I appreciate all of your comments. I’ll be contacting the manufacturer on the 2nd and arranging to send it in for service.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair