The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-05-2012, 02:28 PM

Default Invasion of the Masterbilts?

What's going on with all the "Masterbilt" threads. Darn, I've just created another one!
Old 10-05-2012, 02:38 PM

I think the Masterbilts are in a price segment where a huge young new interest can be found, simmilar to the Art & Luthier, Blueridge and other ranges who're clearly attempting to sell good instruments at affordable prices.
Like my vintage Ibanez, good instruments to start with untill desire takes the upperhand or you just get curious what more expensive instruments sound like.
They may well hold their own value in the future and when you make the right choices you'll have a friend for life, inspite of owning more expensive ones.

Ludwig
Old 10-05-2012, 02:41 PM

I think what happened is one guy went through all the old Masterbilt posts and replied to them, which bumped a ton of ancient topics to the top of the list.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:19 PM

I call them "overbuilts." Ha! Not really. Just messin' with ya. I think they are a great guitar for their price range. Admired many of them at GC.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:48 PM

Threads that go "bump" in the night ...

Hear my original music at: https://www.reverbnation.com/judsonhair
Old 10-05-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Da Strummer View Post
I call them "overbuilts." Ha! Not really. Just messin' with ya. I think they are a great guitar for their price range. Admired many of them at GC.
Since they're not made by the real Epiphone company and they're decked out and advertised as if they were in fact directly in the heritage of that company, I call mine Epiphoney Masterbilks.

Which doesn't keep me from appreciating them for what they are, and being glad they're reasonable enough that I can keep a couple in Hawai`i so I don't have to fly a guitar every time we go.

Fran
The Homebrewed Music Blog

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion