The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 10-10-2012, 07:15 PM

Default Fishman F1 Analog Tuner issues

Hi,

I have a Fishman F1 Analog on my Martin DCPA4 and the tuner would not stay 'green' on C and D. I've tried everywhere from open string D, to every D and C on the fret. It just wouldn't stay 'green.' It shows up as sharp 'red.' For example, if you hit A, B, E, F, G and then C or D, the tuner will show up as green for 1 second and then turn to red (just on D and C). The same happens with the open D string. It shows up as sharp on D (red) but not on E, F, G on the fret. They seem to stay green.

Has anyone encountered this or something similar? Do you think there is a simple solution e.g. dirt trapped below the saddle or saddle not sitting properly? I hope it is not electronics problem.

Thank you.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspencer View Post
Hi,

I have a Fishman F1 Analog on my Martin DCPA4 and the tuner would not stay 'green' on C and D. I've tried everywhere from open string D, to every D and C on the fret. It just wouldn't stay 'green.' It shows up as sharp 'red.' For example, if you hit A, B, E, F, G and then C or D, the tuner will show up as green for 1 second and then turn to red (just on D and C). The same happens with the open D string. It shows up as sharp on D (red) but not on E, F, G on the fret. They seem to stay green.

Has anyone encountered this or something similar? Do you think there is a simple solution e.g. dirt trapped below the saddle or saddle not sitting properly? I hope it is not electronics problem.

Thank you.
At least yours turns on....
I have the same one in my Martin GPC12PA4 12 String
hasn't powered up since day one.... bought it used.
Sounds and plays great unplugged....

but
Martin GPC12PA4
National ResoRocket
Washburn EA36
Charvel 12 625C
RCA Victor (prototype)
Cort Curbow 5FL
Fender Strat
Stella
Kay
Epiphone 12
AMPS: Custom Meeker/2-Marshall Lead 12/Fender Delux Reverb/Crate 125D/SWR
PEDALS: Stereo Chorus (2outs)/MXR Phase 90/Juicer/BossSD1 808S/King Of Tone/CryBaby Fuzz/Fuel Tank
Old 12-28-2017, 07:16 PM

The Aura unit is a proprietary one made for Martin, so first be warned you cannot get spare parts for them.

They are a programmable (from factory) pickup system, they have options Setup dependant on the model of the Guitar, so if you take one from one Guitar and put it into a different model Guitar it will sound slightly different to a factory fitted unit.

You can do a factory reset which will re-establish all original parameters.

The other option is the unit gets sent back to Martin or one of their distributors to be re-programmed, I think a reprogram costs about 70 dollars (I think), I get them done for free as I do their warranty work.

Your in Sydney so go see Jeff from Mallia repairs, he does some of the repair work that side of the country for Electric Factory who are the importers of Martins in Australia.

Steve
Maton Messiah
Taylor 814CE
Old 12-29-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirwa View Post
The Aura unit is a proprietary one made for Martin, so first be warned you cannot get spare parts for them.

They are a programmable (from factory) pickup system, they have options Setup dependant on the model of the Guitar, so if you take one from one Guitar and put it into a different model Guitar it will sound slightly different to a factory fitted unit.

You can do a factory reset which will re-establish all original parameters.

The other option is the unit gets sent back to Martin or one of their distributors to be re-programmed, I think a reprogram costs about 70 dollars (I think), I get them done for free as I do their warranty work.

Your in Sydney so go see Jeff from Mallia repairs, he does some of the repair work that side of the country for Electric Factory who are the importers of Martins in Australia.

Steve
How do you do the reset?
Martin GPC12PA4
National ResoRocket
Washburn EA36
Charvel 12 625C
RCA Victor (prototype)
Cort Curbow 5FL
Fender Strat
Stella
Kay
Epiphone 12
AMPS: Custom Meeker/2-Marshall Lead 12/Fender Delux Reverb/Crate 125D/SWR
PEDALS: Stereo Chorus (2outs)/MXR Phase 90/Juicer/BossSD1 808S/King Of Tone/CryBaby Fuzz/Fuel Tank

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair