The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-26-2004, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hondo

Livingston

I had an Ibanez Byrdland copy that I let a guy talk me into selling to him. I charged him double what I paid. In retrospect, he got a bargain!
Yeah, I hear you. I did end up selling that law suit 175 for double what I paid for it, too. Sure wish I had it, especially knowing that the great Mundell Lowe once played it. Oh well, no one famous ever played my 912C but of all the guitars I've ever owned, that's the one that has meant the most.

Cheers.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by R.C
wow thats cool... thanks... but i haven't really heard of those brands of guitar before...

taylor? do they pass off as good jazz guitars? i really don't know... i know gibson does.. haha... but its price is always sky high...
Like Taylors aren't sky high?

I use a Gretsch G3155 Streamliner for my jazz guitar stuff but amazingly I use my Les Paul the most. It is such a versatile guitar. My teacher plays a Gison L4 and Gibson L5....only thing I can say about the tone of those guitars....WOW.

On the cheaper side of things, SEBRING makes a really nice full hollow body that just sound amazing w/ flatwound strings on it.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:17 AM

For a lower budget jazz guitar, you may want to try out a G&L semi-hollow Bluesboy....

While its not a pure jazz guitar, I heard they can produce some really sweet jazz tones.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars