The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 06:15 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Default SOLD: Journey OF660 CF Travel guitar

SOLD: Journey OF660 CF Travel guitar

I've posted many a positive review on these guitars. I think they are pretty darned amazing...better than most any for the money, and better than many that are much more expensive. The case by itself is a stroke of genius in that the entire package will fit in the overhead compartment of every airplane small or big.

I have enjoyed playing this, but with the number of guitars I own, and the need for some cash flow, I had to make some decisions. I don't travel enough to justify keeping this one. Someone who travels, or wants a smaller guitar that doesn't sound like a small guitar needs to buy this one.

Specs are standard and found here on Journeys website:

http://www.journeyinstruments.com/pr...n-fiber-of660/

Here's a video that Journey did of this guitar. There are a number of others on YouTube

SOLDplus shipping and Paypal or best reasonable offer.

[/QUOTE]

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 01-21-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:18 PM
Charter Member

Is it the standard 1 3/4" nut width?
Old 01-19-2017, 06:27 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Is it the standard 1 3/4" nut width?
Kerbie, Yes standard everything. sorry I didn't post details, but yes everything is standard and the nut width is 1 3/4.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:28 PM

That's a steal! These also make a great couch guitar year round.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
Kerbie, Yes standard everything. sorry I didn't post details, but yes everything is standard and the nut width is 1 3/4.
Oh well, just thought I'd check. Good luck with the sale!
Old 01-20-2017, 12:06 AM
Charter Member

Great deal on this...I really love mine..

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2017, 07:39 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
Great deal on this...I really love mine..

Thanks to those who have reached out already in regard to this guitar. I don't expect it to last long. If you haven't played one of these, I would argue that dollar for dollar you won't find more guitar for the money than this.

These not only sound great, but they are impervious to the weather...ie: they don't need to be humidified or dehumidified, temperature changes are no issue, and portability is a premium. Many people mistakenly think of these as purely a travel guitar (airplanes etc.) which they are great for, but in reality these are just the ultimate flexible instrument for playing at home, or on the beach, or wherever. Keep it in your car...no problem (within reasonable temperature ranges of course). Not to mention it has a built in pickup...plug it in a WOW it sounds great!!

This is a great deal on a great little guitar.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:35 PM
Charter Member

As an owner of one of these guitars I can attest to how wonderful they are. I was very surprised with mine. So much so that it quickly became a 'keeper' for me. Since they don't cost that much I don't feel that I have a lot of money tied up in it and so selling it off is not worth the hole it will leave in my small collection. It fills multiple needs - a guitar that's impervious to the elements and rough environments, pets, kids, can be used as a travel guitar and it sounds great unplugged and amplified. This is a good price too.

One thing I found odd is the fretboard inlays! Mine does not have them. Is this some sort of special edition, Mike? Looks sharp!

To any prospective buyers, you can click on the NGD link down in my sig line for my OF660 for my personal review which contains a video demo. Not as good as the Journey one, for certain, but more 'real world' since I don't have any stock in selling the guitar!
Old 01-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
As an owner of one of these guitars I can attest to how wonderful they are. I was very surprised with mine. So much so that it quickly became a 'keeper' for me. Since they don't cost that much I don't feel that I have a lot of money tied up in it and so selling it off is not worth the hole it will leave in my small collection. It fills multiple needs - a guitar that's impervious to the elements and rough environments, pets, kids, can be used as a travel guitar and it sounds great unplugged and amplified. This is a good price too.

One thing I found odd is the fretboard inlays! Mine does not have them. Is this some sort of special edition, Mike? Looks sharp!

To any prospective buyers, you can click on the NGD link down in my sig line for my OF660 for my personal review which contains a video demo. Not as good as the Journey one, for certain, but more 'real world' since I don't have any stock in selling the guitar!
Thanks for the great assessment of these guitars! The inlays ware actually inlay stickers that I found online. But before you say "bah humbug", you should see these in person! They are really well made and great quality. I've used them before to spruce up other guitars and I've never had one come off. Nice thing is they can easily be removed if you don't like them, or change them out if you prefer. For a guitar like this, it seemed most appropriate and personally I like the added abalone touch...more traditional on a less traditional guitar!

Old 01-20-2017, 01:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks for the great assessment of these guitars! The inlays ware actually inlay stickers that I found online. But before you say "bah humbug", you should see these in person! They are really well made and great quality. I've used them before to spruce up other guitars and I've never had one come off. Nice thing is they can easily be removed if you don't like them, or change them out if you prefer. For a guitar like this, it seemed most appropriate and personally I like the added abalone touch...more traditional on a less traditional guitar!
Wow...I'll need to look into those stickers for mine! Thx!

Todd

Old 01-20-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:

Link to the stickers?
Old 01-20-2017, 08:29 PM

Thumbs up

Great guitar (and super practical) for an awesome price. From an awesome seller!
Old 01-20-2017, 08:38 PM
Charter Member

Based on this, I just ordered some stickers from Amazon to try, will be here Sunday.

I went for the bling with the green Abalone "bird" stickers.

Todd in Chicago

Old 01-21-2017, 10:05 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

SOLD thanks AGF!

Old 01-21-2017, 11:38 AM
Charter Member

Great price for whomever picked it up! My fret stickers should be here tomorrow....we'll see how that goes..

Todd in Chicago

Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars