The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 01-23-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrysGuitarBar View Post
If you can isolate the stereo channels on the original, you'll often find that Jim is panned hard to one side and Maury to the other so you can isolate either of them. That's what I do
Good tip, thanks, but what's a stereo?

Kidding. I don't own one, though. Weird, I know, but I don't have a sound system. If I want to take on a new cover I'll find a web-based audio file and develop it from there.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:17 PM

this sounds like a great idea...post are dated a bit..is anyone still participating...Just found the post and think it would be good to share progress on music....let me know if its still in progress...
Old 02-01-2017, 07:20 PM

New to the forum but this sounds like a great idea....is anyone still participating...??
Old 02-02-2017, 04:34 PM

I'm always developing something but rarely make mention of it. This forum is a good idea but I think it needs validation by posting progress clips. No one likes the idea of posting their stumblings, though, so it doesn't carry the aural journey through their learning process. Come to think of it, the finished product doesn't seem to be evident either.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Guest 33123

Still working on getting the tune into a presentable state. I will record soon. I've been recording and posting other tunes in the meantime.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:51 PM

I'm developing Nino Rotar's A Time For Us. Easier than I thought it would be. I'll put it here in a day or so.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:26 AM

Default soundcloud problem

Hay guys and gals, I would love to join this challenge and share my progress on my music but I'm having trouble getting registered with soundcloud which I notice has been used to upload music to this site. Can anyone help me. I put in all my information but I can't seem to get them to send me a conformation e-mail to active the account??!! I have tried several times with no luck..help....
Old 02-04-2017, 07:52 AM

I just use Box, which is a free file hosting/sharing site that accommodates older browsers for people who don't update their equipment (if it isn't broke). My browser is an older one and I cannot access any Soundcloud files because it does not accommodate older browser users. Everyone here and on the Show & Tell forum who uses it is inaccessible to me.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:14 PM

Default Tears in Heaven Guitar insturmental

Ok here goes. I started this one a few weeks ago and gosh when you start recording you realize quickly how much work it needs. I'll try and post my progress. I hope the soundcloud thing works. First time trying it. Let me know if it works.

https://soundcloud.com/user-58340056...r-instrumental
Old 02-08-2017, 06:43 PM

SoundCloud. Can't access.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:16 AM

That is good information Mike. 400 is a good number of songs. I'm not there yet but have enough to play well over 4 hours of music and keep adding. I'm memorizing less and less as I get older I try to work on new stuff and work on my old music as well working through my sets for practice.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:18 AM

Default soundcloud problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitar View Post
SoundCloud. Can't access.
Humm, I don't know whats going on with this. Trying to figure out how to post music. Most everyone uses sound cloud...any help out there with using this to post music. Thanks
Old 02-09-2017, 11:16 AM

Barry, Can you tell me how you post your recordings from soundcloud to your post. I tried to do it with the "share" feature but apparently that is not working. I tried to post a song I was working on and got a message back from someone in the forum that it couldn't be opened. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:02 PM
Guest 33123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeltz View Post
Barry, Can you tell me how you post your recordings from soundcloud to your post. I tried to do it with the "share" feature but apparently that is not working. I tried to post a song I was working on and got a message back from someone in the forum that it couldn't be opened. Thanks.
Your soundcloud link works fine to access your song (Tears In Heaven). Pitar just can't access soundcloud in general.

Nice work on the tune BTW!
Old 02-09-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Your soundcloud link works fine to access your song (Tears In Heaven). Pitar just can't access soundcloud in general.

Nice work on the tune BTW!
Thanks, I do see he uses an old browser..no problem. Tears in Heaven is defiantly a work in progress. I keep working on it with the many others that are also in progress...Thanks for the feedback and for listening. Good thread.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write