The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 08-08-2010, 07:46 PM

Default classical amplified

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=9501970

This is me rehearsing Vivaldi's Guitar Concerto in D Major with a string quartet. The amplified sound is to me actually better than the acoustic sound if you can believe that. Equipment used is Hirade classical with a Fishman Matrix UST-SansAmp AcousticDI-Roland Street Cube. The amp is underneath the chair I'm sitting in. Recorded with an Edirol R-1 digital recorder placed about 10 feet in front of the ensemble. As you can hear I had no trouble keeping up with the quartet volume wise, and was only turned up about half way.
'94 Gibson Gospel
Old 08-08-2010, 07:55 PM

Actually, maybe it's the mix, but I'm having a difficult time hearing the guitar until the part when you first play the variation of the main theme. This is a pretty familiar piece to most listeners and I just can't pick out the guitar at the very, very beginning. I hear the harpsichord and the violin smacking me in the face, but I don't hear the guitar. Even then, I don't hear all the violin (sometimes I hear the melody more, other times the harmony rings out more).

Otherwise, when I do hear the guitar, it actually does sound much better than I expect from the Matrix. A little quacky in some of the faster sections, but still much, much better than I expected.

Nick
Old 08-08-2010, 08:13 PM

The guitar part doesnt begin until you hear me come in.
'94 Gibson Gospel
Old 08-08-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohnodude View Post
The guitar part doesnt begin until you hear me come in.
Well, that explains it, then...

I have a version on CD with the guitar from the very beginning and have heard John Williams and others play it this way. Same with Julian Bream when he plays it on the lute.

Nick
Old 08-09-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntotoro View Post
Well, that explains it, then...

I have a version on CD with the guitar from the very beginning and have heard John Williams and others play it this way. Same with Julian Bream when he plays it on the lute.

Nick
Thats the way I'm used to hearing it too, but didnt feel it was worth mentioning to the benefactor when I was asked to play this arrangement.
'94 Gibson Gospel

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical