The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-02-2002, 07:36 AM

WOO-HOOOOO! Way to go!
Old 05-02-2002, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stuart
I'm changing my username to "Experttexpertchokingsmoker"
Don't you think the joker laughs at yoohoohooo?
Old 05-02-2002, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by semolinapilcher
'My' 415 is now MINE.
=) congrats!!!
Old 05-02-2002, 01:04 PM

Congratulations!!!

Definitely DO NOT view anything from Taylor in the 300 or 400 series as a stepping stone to a higher end instrument. These guitars are exceptionally nice and absolute tone machines. Moving up the Taylor line basically buys you pretty appointments and specific wood combinations for specific tones, but if you find a 300 or 400 series guitar that sounds good it will hold its own against anything else Taylor makes.

Enjoy the new guitar.

David
Old 05-02-2002, 06:26 PM

semi....

We knew you was gonna do it. Once you start coming to us for advice and encouragment, it was just a matter of time.

Go, my son, and lust no more.....(til the next one!)

Yoda
Old 05-03-2002, 03:43 AM

semolinapilcher,
congratulations!
And to think, as time goes by, it will only sound better than it dose now.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:30 AM

something i've always wondered...

why no k15c. I want one. must i be forced to buy a klsm.

I really like that guitar but I think it should be part of the regular line-up.

Go SPURS Go
Old 05-04-2002, 10:05 PM

Good job on the new guitar welcome to the family my son. Tear rolling down my cheak......suggestion please do not cut a hole into that guitar you will become a orphan I suggest to you a wonderful product. It is by LR Baggs it is the Universal Preamp "PARA DI" I can not say enough good stuff about it. You control everything from this box. If you lived close to me I would let you borrow it. The best thing about it NO hole in your guitar. Anyways good luck on the new guitar and great buy.

Rich
Old 05-06-2002, 11:58 PM

Hey Seminolapilcher...

Just by way of support for your recent 'unconventional' choice of a '15 series, I also own a '15 series - an 815 to be precise, and to me it has the sweetest and clearest tone. I was virtually set to buy a DDSM, and almost as an afterthought at the shop, I just happened to pick up this 815. Then Lo! The heavens opened! I had to admit that it played 98% as smoothly as the DDSM I was trying, and it had a more sensuous voice. So that was it! The only other Taylor I have played that rivals it, in my estimation, is a 714ce LTD. Between the two I'd have to toss a coin.

Hey, you can check it out in the gallery under '815,' first photo.
Old 05-07-2002, 08:33 AM

Thanks for that, DCN100. I am very VERY pleased with my purchase (to the point that I am actually considering naming my guitar, more on that if I actually do it), although I'm still getting used to the medium strings, but that's a GOOD thing because quite frankly I've never owned an instrument strong enough to handle them, and my hands are already better for the experience.

The funny thing is that when I win this 'build it with Bob' contest, our starting point conceptually will be a W15 with a 3-piece back and cedar top. Or maybe a 615 so we can really get after the most amazing sunburst possible.

But the REALLY funny thing is that although God knows I'd love to compare, I'm not at all sure how much I'd prefer the result to what I have now! After all, I bought mine purely for its tone. And maybe I'm rationalizing, but I do adore my Ovankol, it's just beautiful. Although it lacks the amazing quilted pattern on the back of my buddy's 414ce, its well-defined stripes are still quite striking.
Old 05-07-2002, 11:20 AM

K25C...K25C...K25C...K25C

And after i win BIWB I'll show all of you a picture of it.

No touching now

Go SPURS Go
Old 05-07-2002, 04:18 PM

I must concede on this one. An all-Koa jumbo would be AMAZING.

Although now that I'm thinking on those lines, a W-25 would also be quite nice - if a bit gratuitous.

I'll have to wait and see what Bob's opinion is on this. After all, I do want to include him in the process.

But again, I am very pleased with what I have.
Old 05-07-2002, 04:35 PM

Arrow How did the union take place?

Just how did I get my guitar? The suprising details coming soon!
Old 05-07-2002, 05:46 PM

'Scuse me, my wife (and yes, my PATRON), has been impersonating me. Turns out that you can't post under two names from the same computer 'cuz each computer has only one set of cookies...? She had the choice of being an imposter or else just leaving well enough alone, and now that I think about it, there is some more to tell.

So anyway, she says there's no way I'm buying that guitar until she sees it, and it's a 45-min drive. Days later, the stars are in alignment. I pull a Fred Flintstone exit from work, and we breeze on by the sitter and get on the road, they close at six.

I walk her into the acoustic room, and there's a hole on the wall where my guitar is supposed to be. Just then my salesman shows up and tells me he tried to catch me on the way in to tell me... that it has been SOLD.

Pause...

To a woman named ______.

This is my wife's name.

I finally remember to breathe, and a big smile starts building. The Fishman has been installed, a new pickguard is on it, she got a good price, it's paid for, all is well. I had been thinking it'd take a good hour to do the whole deal, so instead we go out for a very nice meal.

I ask her what she wants for her birthday. She says, "About half of a Taylor 415." I'm thinking I can do better than that.

Long story short: Every once in a while, life is VERY GOOD.
Old 05-08-2002, 03:47 PM

walk in content that i want a 814ce. turn around and make the mistake of picking up a 914c.

Was haunted by this guitar for months. going in to play it everyone once in a while. (twice a week).

Go in one day and it's gone. Just as i state. "I'll just order another one," my sales guy says, "They changed them," and proceeds to show me the latest 900 series of which jsut came out.

Called Taylor and was told "no can do' on custom shop at the time.

Fast forward 4 months. attend a Doyle Dykes clinic and afterward get to talk to Steve from Taylor about a 914c.

My sales guy: " I've been looking for one for months.
Steve: What do you mean?, i played one at your other store (across town) today.
Sales guy: What do you mean it wasn't there yesterday.!!
Steve: It's there now.

Me:

Sales guy coming back from computer, jaw dropped, mouth agate.
"God must really love you"

Doyle was very happy as well. I got my own little miracle.

Go SPURS Go

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification