The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 07-09-2013, 01:15 PM

Default FS/FT Stanford (Furch) D5 - Pad

Hello,

Up for sale / trade, a wonderfull sounding instrument by Frantisek Furch, the Stanford D5-pad. This guitar is handmade in Czech Republic , I believe in the same factory as Furchs and Stonebridges. The craftmanship is outstanding , the same as the selection of woods. The condition of the guitar is "like new" as you can see from the pictures.

It has AA+ solid spruce top and unique solid padouk back/sides. Padouk (padauk) is a kind of African Rosewood, having a dark dark red colour and good, straight grain, being slightly harder and heavier than Indian Rosewood. Its colour is said to change to darker through time . Tonaly , I am not really sure how to describe its sound. Many believe that is something between rosewood and mahogany. Personally I feel it is closest to Rosewood , having strong tone and nice basses. Ebony fretboard and bridgre and mahogany neck. It is a rare dred as there are not many build with these specs

As for trades, I am considering solid instruments like Taylors, Lakewoods, Martins ,czech made Furch guitars ( stanford , furch, stonebridge ) or anything in this category. As far as shape is concerned, I am more interested in bigger shapes ( Jumbos, Dreds, Grand Auditorium) as I like strumming-happy guitars and I am not so interested in small body ones ( classical guitar style ) however don't hesitate ta make your offer..

More photos here :
https://plus.google.com/118250153141...ts/Lp5Yi1GvTah

Last edited by fotiskam; 11-06-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:18 AM

Default Bump

Bump........

Last edited by fotiskam; 11-06-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:04 AM

Default Bump

Bump.......

Last edited by fotiskam; 11-06-2014 at 04:25 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
acoustic, furch, handmade, stanford, stonebridge