The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-02-2016, 05:03 AM

Default What do you thin about Yamaha C40

Hi everyone,

What do you think about Yamaha C40 ? Is it good choice in this price range or do you have better suggestions ?

Thanks!!
Old 05-02-2016, 08:01 AM

Hello,
I haven't actually played one of these but I've just read a review and they seem to be OK beginners instruments. Apparently they come as a "kit" and you get a gig bag, guitar stand and tuner into the deal so that can't be bad.
The guitar is of laminate construction but I don't know whether it is all laminate or the top is solid. My guess is that, at this price, it is all laminate and the reviewer commented that the laminate construction made it quieter which seems to back up the all laminate idea.
I have owned Yamaha guitars in the past and they are all good value for money and very well put together. If you are just starting out, either as a player or just trying nylon-strung guitars, then this should be alright until you decide whether this style of guitar is for you. It is difficult to make suggestions as to other guitars in your price range as good, or at least acceptable ones are quite rare. My suggestion would be to look for something second hand where you will get a better quality instrument for your money. Makers like Cort, Tanglewood and Kremona could be worth looking out for.
Hope that helps a bit.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical