The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-01-2016, 04:02 PM

Default Recommend a guitar for me (first time classical buyer)

Hello all, I'm an upper-intermediate level electric player looking for my first classical instrument. I've been buying easy classical guitar books and enjoying the music, so I think it's time to get myself the real deal.

I have a bit of a picky ear in terms of intonation; do you think I can get a solid instrument used for $400 to $800, or am I being unrealistic? I've been playing for 17 years. It's unlikely that I will perform very often with this guitar, but I would prefer to acquire an instrument that's not a half-assed investment.

My electric is an Ibanev AS-153, which was about $1,000 but plays (to me) like a $4,000 instrument, so I'm a bit spoiled.

I'm also open to spending a bit more for a new instrument. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:35 AM

My humble suggestion is that you look at the Cordoba crossover guitars. They might ease the transition from electric to nylon strings.

If you are set on a strict classical build guitar, then Cordoba has some great entry level guitars as well

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical