The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 09-01-2015, 10:53 PM

That last noise you recorded is entirely different than the first and sounds digital to me.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runamuck View Post
That last noise you recorded is entirely different than the first and sounds digital to me.
Definitely agreed. I'm befuddled as to what's going on here.

www.andrewsullivanmusic.com

Facebook - YouTube - Twitter - Instagram
Old 09-01-2015, 11:00 PM

Just went through and cleared off a bunch of old files from my hard drive that I do not need anymore. Old pics, sound clips, movie clips, etc etc., in an attempt to free up some memory. Freed up approx 10 gigs in all.

Next, I found a free basic audio recorder on the app store and downloaded it. Wanted to test if it was a garageband issue or an issue with the computer/signal coming in.

Rebooted the computer.

Opened the basic audio recording app and using the condenser mic, was able to record a really clear and otherwise normal sounding test.

Opened garageband and set the settings back to "USB audio CODEC" for input/output, and was able to record a flawless take. Crystal clear recording of me singing a line.

Problem fixed!

Not sure what happened, but clearing off old files and rebooting seems to have done the trick.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:43 AM

Yes even Apple computers need a restart now and again!

Glad it seems to be fixed for you.
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Special
Yamaha BB414 Bass
Old 09-02-2015, 06:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoSkiDrew View Post
Just went through and cleared off a bunch of old files from my hard drive that I do not need anymore. Old pics, sound clips, movie clips, etc etc., in an attempt to free up some memory. Freed up approx 10 gigs in all.

Next, I found a free basic audio recorder on the app store and downloaded it. Wanted to test if it was a garageband issue or an issue with the computer/signal coming in.

Rebooted the computer.

Opened the basic audio recording app and using the condenser mic, was able to record a really clear and otherwise normal sounding test.

Opened garageband and set the settings back to "USB audio CODEC" for input/output, and was able to record a flawless take. Crystal clear recording of me singing a line.

Problem fixed!

Not sure what happened, but clearing off old files and rebooting seems to have done the trick.
Hey good. But just a note you mentioned in the OP being 17 measures into the recording when the cut out happened ? So you might want to record something longer just to be sure But the clearing old files has fixed it perhaps it was because a file (probably an audio or movie ) became corrupted somehow. And I didn't even think to mention "Repairing Disc Permissions " which sometimes will fix a bad file

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 09-02-2015 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:08 AM

You might run into this (and other weirdness) if your drive is more than 80% full.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Old 09-03-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Hey good. But just a note you mentioned in the OP being 17 measures into the recording when the cut out happened ? So you might want to record something longer just to be sure But the clearing old files has fixed it perhaps it was because a file (probably an audio or movie ) became corrupted somehow. And I didn't even think to mention "Repairing Disc Permissions " which sometimes will fix a bad file
I did just that after posting, and I was able to get a full 4 minute take without issue. Thanks!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD