The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-23-2015, 10:40 PM

Cya today!

Guitar Player
Old 10-24-2015, 05:18 PM

Default Woodstock Invitational Luthiers Showcase October 23rd, 24th and 25th: Luthier...

Great day today!

Clip is live. Forget the picture of vid saying processing.
https://vimeo.com/143492981

Guitar Player
Old 10-27-2015, 08:59 AM
Charter Member

It was really great meeting many of you at the show. Thanks for those who said hi and for those who wore AGF tags. If I didn't get to meet you or if I seemed short, rude, or curt, I apologize in advance. I was too excited running to play more guitars!

This year I wanted to walk around to builders to take time to hear more about them and thank them for being there. Of course they didn't need my thanks, but I truly was thankful for all of them! What I found out is that many luthiers are so humble and they love their craft so much. They also respect other builders so much. It was common to hear others talk highly about another builder. Even veteran builders would say you have to check out so and so guitars.

Often times on forums, we get so caught up on which guitar is better and this builder is better than another. What I heard at Woodstock was different. It was more about, "You have to check out what this builder is doing" or "You have to give that luthier's guitar a try. It was a truly humbling experience to talk to builders and they would say nothing but great things about the table beside them or across the room.

Of course I was at the show to pick up a guitar (Jason Kostal) and still have my personal favorites, but it was great to visit familiar builders that I have spoken with in the past such as John Osthoff, Bruce Sexauer, Ray Kraut, and others.

It was great to meet builders such as Sharlene Simmons, Joel Michaud, Keisuke Nishi, Benjamin Paldacci (didn't show, but was there) and Chace Miller (also didn't show). All your guitars were great! Thanks for letting me play them!

It was great to connect with Ervin, Leo Buendia, Julian Gaffney, Mario Beauregard, and Hiroshi Ogino. They couldn't have been nicer guys and their guitars were simply amazing!

The problem for me is there are too many fine and amazing guitars. I respect some of these luthiers so much that what I really wish is that I could have enough money to support them in a commission.

If I had to pick another guitar to go home with me, I'd probably grab that other Kostal that is heading to CR guitars. It would just complement my braz Kostal OM so well. Would be the OM twins. That probably would never work because I love rosewood too much?

Aside from my personal favorite, if I had to pick three guitars that really stood out to me would be from Mike Baranik, John Osthoff, and Kent Everett. Not only are they incredible guys when you talk with them, they were in my top guitars I played at the show. If you have the chance to play one of their guitars, do yourself a favor and go for it!

Thanks to all the luthiers who showed nothing but kindness and humbleness to me at the show!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Omega Braz MJ, 2011 Omega MJ Braz Baritone
Ryan Cathedral ABW/Bosnian
Build thread: 2011 Kostal Mod D Brazilian/German
Build thread: 2019 Kostal MDW Brazilian/German
Build thread:2019 Bigfoot Mod D

Last edited by ericcsong; 10-27-2015 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:41 AM

Thank you for finally connect Eric! You and your wife are awesome persons, and I'll be glad to bring a guitar for you next year!

Take care my friend, let's spend much time together in one year!

"I strive to build my instruments with the finest Tone, Ergonomics & Aesthetics"

https://www.benjaminpaldacciguitars.com/
Old 10-28-2015, 11:30 PM
Charter Member

Default Eric,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcsong View Post
It was really great meeting many of you at the show. Thanks for those who said hi and for those who wore AGF tags. If I didn't get to meet you or if I seemed short, rude, or curt, I apologize in advance. I was too excited running to play more guitars!

This year I wanted to walk around to builders to take time to hear more about them and thank them for being there. Of course they didn't need my thanks, but I truly was thankful for all of them! What I found out is that many luthiers are so humble and they love their craft so much. They also respect other builders so much. It was common to hear others talk highly about another builder. Even veteran builders would say you have to check out so and so guitars.

Often times on forums, we get so caught up on which guitar is better and this builder is better than another. What I heard at Woodstock was different. It was more about, "You have to check out what this builder is doing" or "You have to give that luthier's guitar a try. It was a truly humbling experience to talk to builders and they would say nothing but great things about the table beside them or across the room.

Of course I was at the show to pick up a guitar (Jason Kostal) and still have my personal favorites, but it was great to visit familiar builders that I have spoken with in the past such as John Osthoff, Bruce Sexauer, Ray Kraut, and others.

It was great to meet builders such as Sharlene Simmons, Joel Michaud, Keisuke Nishi, Benjamin Paldacci (didn't show, but was there) and Chace Miller (also didn't show). All your guitars were great! Thanks for letting me play them!

It was great to connect with Ervin, Leo Buendia, Julian Gaffney, Mario Beauregard, and Hiroshi Ogino. They couldn't have been nicer guys and their guitars were simply amazing!

The problem for me is there are too many fine and amazing guitars. I respect some of these luthiers so much that what I really wish is that I could have enough money to support them in a commission.

If I had to pick another guitar to go home with me, I'd probably grab that other Kostal that is heading to CR guitars. It would just complement my braz Kostal OM so well. Would be the OM twins. That probably would never work because I love rosewood too much?

Aside from my personal favorite, if I had to pick three guitars that really stood out to me would be from Mike Baranik, John Osthoff, and Kent Everett. Not only are they incredible guys when you talk with them, they were in my top guitars I played at the show. If you have the chance to play one of their guitars, do yourself a favor and go for it!

Thanks to all the luthiers who showed nothing but kindness and humbleness to me at the show!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
This is a great post. Dripping with the sentiments that so many of us feel and you've found the words! Woodstock seems a special gathering...thank you for the way you've presented your experience of it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop