The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-20-2012, 11:03 PM

See? I knew I'd forget somebody...
Old 07-21-2012, 10:16 PM

I'm not the biggest Keith Urban, Or, Brad Paisley fan as far as buying records, or anything...but I would love to of been a fly on the wall when they put the sound trac to this video down...or, moreover, while they were practicing it together BEFORE studio...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F_FN4ygjTo

Old 07-21-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabdart View Post
Well, what about Roy Buchanan and Danny Gatton? Roy could do things on his Telecaster nobody even dreamed of until he came along, and Danny Gatton could play rings around just about anyone.
Couldn't have said it better !

What makes the OP think Albert Lee hasn't gotten enough recognition anyway ? In all the Blues circles I've been around Lee was one of the most respected Blues icons.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:28 PM

I'm gonna miss ole Andy Griffith though...so, I might actually buy this Paisley Video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=M-C-IbkuNWs
Old 07-21-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern View Post

What makes the OP think Albert Lee hasn't gotten enough recognition anyway ? In all the Blues circles I've been around Lee was one of the most respected Blues icons.
That's just cause you're in the family...Bern
Know what I mean Bern?
Old 07-22-2012, 05:28 AM

Quote:

This is Albert Lee. Other than his stint with Clapton I'm not sure much of what he's done qualifies as blues:

Maybe you mean Albert Collins?:

Or Albert King?:

Or even this guy?:

Last edited by Eric_M; 07-22-2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:30 AM

Eric, kind of embarrassing on my part...of course, I was thinking of Albert King.
However, that still doesn't diminish Albert Lee to be one of the finest.
BTW, a guitar player who is more known by the hardcore players is Blues Saraceno, who incidentally is demoing the Music Man Albert Lee.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Eric, kind of embarrassing on my part...of course, I was thinking of Albert King.
BTW, a guitar player who is more known by the hardcore players is Blues Saraceno, who incidentally is demoing the Music Man Albert Lee.
No worries! Albert King is amazing. That first bend in the intro of "Born Under a Bad Sign" is a definite contender for best single note played of all time ... though in a similar vein, I'd say many guitar players aren't as familiar with him as they are with his disciples. Kinda like with Albert Lee!

Blues Saraceno is great. Hope they paint one in plaid for him!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
There's absolutely no denying he's one of the greatest , and has contributed to so many different groups, and genres, he's certainly an innovator...

Which is the reason for OP to post the question, why hasn't he gotten the recognition he deserves? Of course, I realize he is a household name among other guitarist/musicians.

And, the fact that you didn't even recognize his name before posting about him, proves the point.( That He's Not Gotten The Recognition I mean)

Last edited by sonso; 07-24-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:47 PM

Oh, did anyone mention this Guy? Johnny Hiland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGmPi...eature=related

dANG...Chicken Pickin's been good to him...man has he lost weight...

I guess Hybrid, Chicken Picken can be more than just a finger exercise after all...some folks literally "Play Their [I]Donkeys /I]Off"

"Yeah, I know that's NOT Johnny"
Old 07-27-2012, 02:43 PM

Albert sure IS one of the best guitarist alive.

And as an true artist it just looks like he's not even have to try. I've loved his playing the last forty years and i hope i will hear him as long as we both live.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Charter Member

While I have thoroughly enjoyed Albert Lee's playing in a variety of different ensembles, I have never thought of him as an innovator or groundbreaking artist... he is a wonderful player and has complete command of his instrument, but he's pretty much doing extensions of what a lot of great players before him have done... he does a fine job of copping James Burton's exquisite style, although Albert tends to be one of the "say more through playing more" type of players, while James Burton is more spare, giving each note or phrase that he plays more impact emotionally, for me anyway...

I'd have to say that there are many, many great guitarists who have gone unnoticed by the adoring public... Roy Buchanan comes to mind, immediately, as do Albert Collins and Clarence White (posthumous recognition aside).

Albert is a really great player... and there are a bunch of those folks out there...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars