The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 09-18-2023, 08:53 PM

Default Best online teachers to learn to play fingerpicking

Dear Friends,

After many years of useless practice, I've realized that it's time to look for a teacher. I need the help and guide of a professional. I need a teacher who teach me what to do and what not to do.

Sadly, I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, so taking online lessons seem the best option.

My questions are:
1. Where can I get an online teacher? There are so many websites that I don't know where to begin.
2. How much does it cost an online lesson? Pros as Brooks Robertson and Mark Hanson ask 100bucks per hour.
3. What are the best websites to find a good teacher?

What would I like to learn?
Basically, I would like to learn to play like Chet Atkins, Tommy Emmanuel, or Jerry reed.

I appreciate your help.
Old 09-18-2023, 10:14 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud_Spencer View Post
Dear Friends,

After many years of useless practice, I've realized that it's time to look for a teacher. I need the help and guide of a professional. I need a teacher who teach me what to do and what not to do.

Sadly, I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, so taking online lessons seem the best option.

My questions are:
1. Where can I get an online teacher? There are so many websites that I don't know where to begin.
2. How much does it cost an online lesson? Pros as Brooks Robertson and Mark Hanson ask 100bucks per hour.

Basically, I would like to learn to play like Chet Atkins, Tommy Emmanuel, or Jerry reed.

I appreciate your help.
The whole world wants to play like those guys. Tommy has a few courses on Truefire, but again, it's a few exercises and then gee, play like me sort of thing.

Get Tommy's "Only" music book and go from there. There's tunes like "Stay With Me", "Those Who Wait" and "Mombasa" all of which are doable with a lot of practice. The tunes are on Youtube or you could probably buy the mp3s as a "cd" online to download. Lutrell is on that album too, which is a challenge meant for younger hands then mine,

Another guy to check out is Al Petteway. Listen to his "Mountain Guitar" tunes on youtube. Also, contact Doug Young on this forum.

In the meantime learn this one if you don't already know it. The other sections to learn the tune are on Youtue also:

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 09-19-2023, 05:08 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud_Spencer View Post
Dear Friends,

My questions are:

I appreciate your help.
Hello Bud,
A simple google search of FaceTime guitar teachers Chet Atkins style found Matt Cowe, who teaches via FaceTime, Skype, etc, and his prices are stupid cheap as far as I'm concerned!

Here's his web site.

https://www.mattcowe.com

Best of luck with it!

Howard Emerson
Old 09-19-2023, 05:36 AM

Jonny is my online fingerstyle guitar teacher: http://www.jonnymossguitar.com/

Peter
Guitars by: Tom Sands, Michael Bashkin, Turnstone Guitars, Taran Guitars, Jeff Bamburg, Marchwood, Fylde, C F Martin, Patrick James Eggle, John Kinnaird, Yairi, Yamaha, National, Gretsch, Fender, Recording King, Camps

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Tags
chet atkins, online guitar class, online lessons, online teacher, private lessons