The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 12-15-2017, 12:21 PM

Default DFW AGF Members?

If there are any DFW AGF members, my daughter, Lizzy Easley, will be playing Lone Star Wine Cellars in McKinney tonight at 8:00. If you get a chance, please come by -- I would love to meet you!

She is a singer/guitarist and can be found on YouTube under her name.

Richard Easley
Old 12-15-2017, 12:55 PM
Charter Member

Hi, I live in Princeton, used to live in Carrollton. Sorry I cannot go, but best wishes to her!
Old 12-15-2017, 01:45 PM

Default Lone Star tonight

That's great! I've played there several times, and it's always a blast. I'll let my buddy Bryan from the Bella Bijou Jewelry store 20' away know, and maybe he can stick his head in. Best of luck to your daughter!
Jonathan Razo #5
Old 12-15-2017, 03:39 PM

Thanks, Reggie & Goodsteel!

Looking to watching her play. In addition to her regular stuff, she has worked up five or so Christmas songs.

Goodsteel, please tell me more about your customized Seagull Grand -- not familiar with them. Thanks!
Old 12-16-2017, 08:49 AM

i live in Arlington, if she ever performs in the Fort Worth area please post to let us know.
Martin J-41
Old 12-16-2017, 02:13 PM

Default DFW songwriter

Hello Reasley!
How'd she do last night? Any idea if my friend Bryan made it in last night? He said he'd try...
the Seagull Grand is a true parlor guitar made by Godin. Cherry back and sides and solid cedar top. Originally sold without a p/u and no pickguard. Steel and nylon string models, but the classicals were very low volumn. I really the steel strings, and they can be found with great hard shell cases for less than $300. I put in a Quantum II piezo, am reorienting the tuners, and gluing on a koa face plate. Shape and sand the back braces. I'll post photos when I'm done... thanks for asking!
Craig
Jonathan Razo #5
Old 12-16-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveac View Post
i live in Arlington, if she ever performs in the Fort Worth area please post to let us know.
Thanks, Dave! I'll be sure to let you know. She performed regularly around Waco while she was in school there and also high school. [I'm a professor at Baylor.] And I just bought her a Bose L1 Model II so she will be performing quite a bit more in DFW now. If you have any leads on potential gigs for her, that would be appreciated. To see her performing, go to YouTube and type in "Lizzy Easley Many" and also "Lizzy Easley Gravity." Plus she has a page on YouTube "Lizzy Easley."

Thanks!
Old 12-16-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodsteel53 View Post
Hello Reasley!
How'd she do last night? Any idea if my friend Bryan made it in last night? He said he'd try...
the Seagull Grand is a true parlor guitar made by Godin. Cherry back and sides and solid cedar top. Originally sold without a p/u and no pickguard. Steel and nylon string models, but the classicals were very low volumn. I really the steel strings, and they can be found with great hard shell cases for less than $300. I put in a Quantum II piezo, am reorienting the tuners, and gluing on a koa face plate. Shape and sand the back braces. I'll post photos when I'm done... thanks for asking!
Craig
Hey, Craig --

She did great! That is a really nice venue -- we all loved it.

I actually talked to Bryan probably 30 minutes to an hour over the course of the evening: he has a VERY unique jewelry store with its proximity to the venue and the venue is unique in that it has three entrances and a lot of business from "impulse visits," as you know. I am a marketing professor so Bryan and I talked a lot about his business.

He said you were the bass player in a band with him and that you guys are the house band for Gilley's in Dallas, right?

We met when we were having a problem balancing Elizabeth's guitar to her vocals and he showed me the system settings on the computer. Really nice people there because they let me tweak it through the evening. She was playing her Takamine instead of her Seagulls and there is a whole lot less gain in that system than her Seagulls.

I like the idea of the Seagull Grand! I actually have a complete Qii system waiting for the right install and that may be it, you know?
Old 12-17-2017, 11:10 AM

That is so great! He's our PA guru on gigs, and does quite a few sound gigs for a friend with a pro company. Good guy and a dear friend! There is a website on FB regarding open mics in the DFW area maintained by Mr. Troll (Ramon Mallow) called DFW Open Mics (or something like that!) I recommend the Opening Bell and joining the DSA... Dallas Songwriter's Association to develop contacts and leads for gigs. I'm happy to help her in any way I can. Oh... I'm also putting in unbleached cowbone nut with wider spacing and a compensated bridge. The Qii seems to eat batteries with a vengeance, but I do like the sound and size. Onwards... :-)
Jonathan Razo #5
Old 12-17-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodsteel53 View Post
That is so great! He's our PA guru on gigs, and does quite a few sound gigs for a friend with a pro company. Good guy and a dear friend! There is a website on FB regarding open mics in the DFW area maintained by Mr. Troll (Ramon Mallow) called DFW Open Mics (or something like that!) I recommend the Opening Bell and joining the DSA... Dallas Songwriter's Association to develop contacts and leads for gigs. I'm happy to help her in any way I can. Oh... I'm also putting in unbleached cowbone nut with wider spacing and a compensated bridge. The Qii seems to eat batteries with a vengeance, but I do like the sound and size. Onwards... :-)
Thanks! I'll forward this thread and your suggestions to her. She has actually played Opening Bell three times and, I **think** that the owner is receptive to her coming back anytime there's availability.

So you are going to modify a new nut to get even wider spacing, right? Are you at 1.72" now or 1.8"?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases