The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-18-2018, 02:49 PM

Default Tried something with the JBL Eon One and it didn't work as expected

In my ongoing efforts to get the most volume before overloading the system, I finally decided to try two more things. I didn't have the right adapter for idea 1, until today. I'll try it soon. I had been using a TRS cable from my Bose T1 to a single input on channel 3/4. I tried a splitter to take the TRS cable and divide the tip in sleeve and use both 1/4" inputs on the channel 3/4 on the JBL. With both plugged in, the volume was next to nothing. Take either one out, and volume back to normal. I was hoping to make up for the impedance difference on inputs 3/4. Guess not.

5. Master Output – User-definable analog output. Can be configured for a pre- or post-Master volume analog
output. Accepts ¼" TRS balanced or TS unbalanced cables.

Next shot is to run the TRS output from the T1 to the 1/8" input. After that, I'll try a stereo Mackie board and run mono left and right TS cables to the two inputs on 3/4.

Input impedance of the various JBL inputs. I'm guessing the 1/8" input won't do me any good.

Input Impedance:
Ch 1-2 Combo: XLR 40 K Ohms Balanced
Ch 1-2 Combo: TRS 40 K Ohms Balanced
Ch 3-4: TRS 20 K Ohms Balanced
Ch 3-4: RCA 5 K Ohms Unbalanced
Ch 5-6: 3.5 mm 10 K Ohms Unbalanced

Last edited by DavidE; 03-18-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
I tried a splitter to take the TRS cable and divide the tip in sleeve and use both 1/4" inputs on the channel 3/4 on the JBL. With both plugged in, the volume was next to nothing.
The TRS output of the T1 is a balanced signal, not a stereo output, so understandable why you were not getting volume!

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification