The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

View Poll Results: Is there any chance you may be the problem?
hmmm maybe let me think about it 5 21.74%
nope never 6 26.09%
oh my god! it is me ahhhhhhhhhh! 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2017, 10:52 PM

When the numbers shift, and abnormal is the new normal, and you often find yourself in the minority.. when you start to realize that ignorance IS bliss but you can't get on board. That's when I've started to think that maybe I really am the problem!
Old 04-21-2017, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper_guitarist View Post
Yes. When I broke up with my most recent ex-gf because she caught baby fever I was told I was the problem (when I told her a priori I didn't want kids now or ever). Well, she should have known what was coming when she caught that.
If that makes you the problem then we are ALL the problem. Lol. Men, that is. We say what we mean, they hear what they want.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:11 AM
Guest4562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasworker View Post
I was coming out of anesthesia after having my wisdom teeth surgically removed. There was one guy screaming at the top of his lungs "I want another pillow" he was rude and upsetting. I listened as long as I could and finally motioned a nurse over and politely asked if she could shut that guy up. This angel looked down on me and sneered its you!
If your recollection is accurate, the problem wasn't you but the sneering angel. This was probably the result of the drugs used, not your personality. She knows or should know that, and should have the training and experience to deal with it in a more professional manner. Apparently, she does not.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:32 AM

I'd ask that you please stop talking to my ex-wife. BWAAAHHHAAAA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2017, 06:02 AM

Have you ever been told that you are the problem? Of course, many times! Sometimes they were right, sometimes they were blame shifting, and sometimes it was the particular combination we had at that moment. It takes real wisdom to know which is which.

Don't be afraid of this or defensive, for accurately defining a problem is Step 1 in solving it.

cotten
Old 04-22-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Mac View Post
If your recollection is accurate, the problem wasn't you but the sneering angel. This was probably the result of the drugs used, not your personality. She knows or should know that, and should have the training and experience to deal with it in a more professional manner. Apparently, she does not.
Who knows what I put her through I have always been grateful I fell back to sleep and didn't get any more details.

"Wish I had more time to hear your reasons, but I have to go get a beer." 00-28
Old 04-22-2017, 08:55 AM

I raised 5 kids, all but one are doing just fine, even though they all had a few speed bumps in their lives, they were able to overcome these obstacles and move on with their lives. That is all but one who's life is constantly in turmoil, she blames me for all her wows. I used to believe she was right, but after a time I grew to understand she was her own worst enemy, so I stopped taking the blame for her disasters she inflected on herself. I don't help her anymore because if it does not go well, guess who gets hit with the blame? In the meanwhile I have 4 other adult children and several grand children to enjoy, oh sure she has given us 3 grandchildren, unfortunately they have all been removed from her custody, and you guessed it, we are to blame.

If a snake falls into your boat, for Gods sake, don't shoot it.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:56 AM

I am a soloist in most aspects of my life, by choice, because no one does anything as well as I can do it and that includes doing nothing. In other words, I suffer myself to prevent others from having to. So, no, I don't impinge upon the world of those people who are easily impinged upon. They're easy to spot, too.

Music, specifically, is an area I cannot tolerate divergence. It's strictly my way or nothing, and that's why I have not listened to published music since 1976, actively speaking. Once I started writing, composing and arranging, I turned my ear away from music at large to focus on that alone and haven't changed. If I feel the muse coming on, which doesn't harass me in the same manner as I see many other people are (ear buds, etc), I pick up my guitar. I make with whatever the ear wants to hear and then I'm done.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Yes. When I broke up with my most recent ex-gf because she caught baby fever I was told I was the problem (when I told her a priori I didn't want kids now or ever). Well, she should have known what was coming when she caught that.
Good for you. There's too many humans ........
Old 04-22-2017, 09:15 AM

No, but I just know that I always am!
Old 04-22-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Get a vasectomy and then you'll have a credible reason to say "I cannot have children."

Seriously. It doesn't hurt.

George
Old 04-22-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitar View Post
I am a soloist in most aspects of my life, by choice, because no one does anything as well as I can do it and that includes doing nothing. In other words, I suffer myself to prevent others from having to. So, no, I don't impinge upon the world of those people who are easily impinged upon. They're easy to spot, too.

Music, specifically, is an area I cannot tolerate divergence. It's strictly my way or nothing, and that's why I have not listened to published music since 1976, actively speaking. Once I started writing, composing and arranging, I turned my ear away from music at large to focus on that alone and haven't changed. If I feel the muse coming on, which doesn't harass me in the same manner as I see many other people are (ear buds, etc), I pick up my guitar. I make with whatever the ear wants to hear and then I'm done.
How's that been working for you?
Old 04-22-2017, 10:36 AM

I assume it's always me. I'm a real piece of work.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Gopher View Post
Get a vasectomy and then you'll have a credible reason to say "I cannot have children."

Seriously. It doesn't hurt.
Been there, done that. I know it doesn't hurt. She was hoping I'd be willing to get a reversal.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic