The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-29-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
I think Rainsong is the only one of the main 4 CF builders that doesn't use stainless frets...
My BI WS-1000N2 has stainless frets. I think all Rainsong's have stainless frets. I agree that it is silly to have anything else when stainless is availble.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!
Old 03-29-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billder99 View Post
My BI WS-1000N2 has stainless frets. I think all Rainsong's have stainless frets. I agree that it is silly to have anything else when stainless is availble.
Check Rainsong's website.

http://rainsong.com/specs/

They only use nickel/silver frets. I'm not aware they have ever made models with stainless frets.

If your Rainsong has stainless frets, most likely the frets were installed later by someone other than Rainsong.

There was a detailed and lengthy discussion regarding this in the past years either on AGF or over at the other carbon fiber forum.

But if you wish, you might email Rainsong with your serial number to see if maybe there was an exception outside the norm--maybe a special order or something.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
Check Rainsong's website. http://rainsong.com/specs/ ...They only use nickel/silver frets. I'm not aware they have ever made models with stainless frets.
My bad. I did contact Rainsong, had them check my S/N... nickel/silver frets. Rats... and I thought I was so clever.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber