The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-02-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Yes as you say if the sound is up to par, I would think the lights would be great for the gigging player on a dim stage.

My only complaint about my Supro FT Sw. pedal for switching the onboard reverb and tremolo in and out is no LED's on the pedal, which if I have them set for more noticeable effect is no big deal, but if I have them set for just a very slight effect (which I usually prefer ) I sometimes can tell
I've been doing the digital thing for a long time now - VG-8, VG-88, VG-99, GR-33, GR-55, AXON - but looking for a more analog solution lately. I was looking at the HeadRush as I think it sounds phenomenal, but as with moth digital modeling, I don't feel the "pull and push" of the amp when I play.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:34 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
Looks like PRS took a page from the old Ampeg (and to a lesser extent Supro) playbook here: running high-power tubes in class-A mode, well below their rated output, gives you the benefits of tube longevity, ungodly amounts of headroom/dynamics for this type of circuit, broad frequency range, and that inimitable class-A tone quality - as anyone who has ever owned a 7591-equipped blue-check Ampeg Gemini I/Rocket/Jet or cathode-bias B-15 will attest. Not too popular among rockers until now - historically more of a mainstream jazzers' amp for the reasons cited - but kudos to Mark and PRS for thinking "outside the box" (pun intended)...

Probably be a total tone monster with a pair of Eminence Swamp Thangs in a closed-back 2x12" cab - and a nice complement to your Supro Titan, Kev...
Interesting. I thought 7&15 watts was attractive because of the inherent lack of headroom.
Martin Guitar Certified Online Dealer
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast
Old 02-02-2018, 11:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaurysMusic View Post
Interesting. I thought 7&15 watts was attractive because of the inherent lack of headroom.
Not being an amp tech by any stretch, I'm wondering

could it be (maybe something to do with 2 6L6 's ?)
In one of the video's Tremonti stated lots of headroom on the clean channel

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars