The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-23-2024, 02:32 PM

Default For this song, which amp sounds better?

Sorry for my bad singing and playing... but I recorded myself playing a song with my Ovation, and amplified it once with my Peavey Classic 30 and another time with my Marshall AS50D. If you don't know them, the first is a tube-based electric guitar amp and the second is a proper acoustic guitar amp.

Attaching a sample that has 30 seconds of a song, first with the Peavey and then with the Marshall. I am personally partial to the beefy sound when the acoustic guitar is amplified with the tube amp, but I would appreciate hearing your opinions too.

Thank you for your thoughts.

https://whyp.it/tracks/165737/selfis...0d?token=Nu1yp
Old 03-23-2024, 06:02 PM

For me they are totally different but not one better than the other. I prefer the brighter/clearer tone of the Peavey but the darker tone of the Marshall. You have to decide what sound YOU prefer. That's the only person you have to please. If it were me, I would adjust the first amp (to my preferences) and use that.
Old 03-24-2024, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPlayer View Post
For me they are totally different but not one better than the other. I prefer the brighter/clearer tone of the Peavey but the darker tone of the Marshall. You have to decide what sound YOU prefer. That's the only person you have to please. If it were me, I would adjust the first amp (to my preferences) and use that.
Thanks for your thoughts. As for me, I like them both, but I think the acoustic guitar played through the tube amp just calls to me. But I do like hearing how other folks think too.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification