The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 11-07-2017, 12:19 PM

Default Official James Taylor Guitar Lessons - Chords, Tabs or Sheet Music somewhere?

Of course there are many source for James Taylor tabs, but often they are not very accurate.

Does somebody know if one kind soul was so nice to write down the correct chords (or even tab it out) of the "Lesson" videos from James and where to find it?

Last edited by rpnfan; 11-07-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:03 PM

I love watching these James Taylor videos ... they're amazing, but honestly, they're much more demonstrations than "lessons" ...

Hear my original music at: https://www.reverbnation.com/judsonhair
Old 11-07-2017, 11:56 PM

This book looks pretty official

"James Taylor: Greatest Hits- Complete Solos, Authentic Guitar-Tab Edition" In stock at retailers, $20.

I had a James Taylor book in the '70s that was the first songbook I ever owned. It had songs from "Sweet Baby James" "Mud Slide Slim" and earlier. Accurate, full chords (6s, 7s, 9s, sus4, b5), and pretty good chord boxes too. I actually learned a lot about chords from that book. It had a few tabs in the back, too, but not complete songs -- just intro licks and solos, that sort of thing. I couldn't find it in print anywhere, unfortunately.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Slim II View Post
This book looks pretty official

"James Taylor: Greatest Hits- Complete Solos, Authentic Guitar-Tab Edition" In stock at retailers, $20.
The book is very accurate, but be aware that the tabs are written a bit differently than most people are used to. Although it instructs that you place a capo on many songs, the tabs are written with absolute positions (using the nut as the reference point) instead of relative positions (using the capo position as the reference point).

For example, if it has you put a capo on the 2nd fret and play a G chord formation, the tab would read 5-4-2-2-2-5 instead of the more conventional 3-2-0-0-0-3.

Last edited by JMFingerstyle; 12-07-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:12 PM

https://www.jerrysguitarbar.com/guit...t-collections/

I can't comment on how close Jerry's James Taylor lessons are as I've not done them, but the other lessons of Jerry's that I've done are well worth the money. It's about $5 per song.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write