The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Charter Member

Default Reggae sound

Just last week my son was in a talent show performing a song that had that reggae sound. He played a borrowed American Strat. I was blown away by how clean the guitar sounded and the note definition courtesy of the three single coils. Maybe it had more to do with the effects pedal than the guitar, but I have owned an LP and an SG and I don't think we could have ever gotten that kind of tone from them. I had a T5 C2 Koa and I think it would work too.

We ran the Strat on middle switch through a Vox Tonelab SE multi effects pedal, a Behringer GX112 amp, and then through the PA system.

This isn't the purest reggae sound because my son had just started working on the strumming pattern the day before the show, but you can hear the sound clearly.

Here's the video if you're interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uTN-TKy2I8

In the interest of full disclosure (don't want to get anyone's expectations too high) - my son is only ten.

mtl
Old 05-20-2008, 10:24 AM

I'm always a sucker for koa - how would this guitar work:

Fender Koa Strat
Taylor 855
Taylor 614ceL7
Taylor T5 koa - SOLD
Taylor K55 all koa - SOLD

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars